Thread: Pete

Pete

It always amazes me as to why people will willingly give up their "family members" e.g., pets. I could no more willingly do that than to give up my human family.

However, their loss is definitely your gain; Pete sounds like SUCH a special guy. I wish you MANY years together, and congratulations to Pete on his special day.
    Barbara

Polite Pete!!!

I did not even read your story, but I look at your face and thought what a polite looking cat!!!! It is great that you now have the best FOREVER home when you are safe and very loved!!! HAPPY COTD!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Handsome Kitty!

Oh Pete! What a handsome boy you are! It always warms my heart when I read of a kitty or pet that's adopted or rescued. They are the special ones that give us such joy and fun.

Have a very special COTD and I hope you have lots of birdies to watch and some special scritches on that adorable nose of yours!
    Naranj's and P.K.'s Momma

Awwww, Pete is a cutie patootie! He looks so loving in his picture, and the story backs that up! Pete... what a good little traveler you sound like! I am gladt that you found a new forever home! Sounds like you and your human are made for one another!

Congratulations on COTD! ENjoy lots of extra treats and luvvins today!

I too find it amazing that people can just cast off their pets...discard them at a shelter with no clue as to where they will end up!

Pete, you are a lucky guy to have such a wonderful forever home now where you know you will be loved and cared for. You are indeed a special, very handsome guy! Paw applause to your wonderful purrrrrrson who obviously loves you very much!

Noserubs, snuggles and purrs...Bari and the Cat Happy Pride

Petes such a Dear Handsome Cat, and I do think that he would grace any home.
    What a handsome Smiley Face he has, and a wonderful purrsonality.
    The Found Cats All send out a Mighty Happy MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW For Purrfect Pete COTD.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Taking one of my cats to a shelter would be just like giving one of my children away without a care for what their future might hold.

Pete, of course you would be well behaved. You know how lucky you are to have found a new family that loves and appreciates you.

Congratulations handsome one!

Greetings precious Petey! I too am at a loss as to how anyone could surrender, abandon such a precious soul as you; furkids are family! But you know Pete, as difficult as your stay in the shelter must have been, in the end, you ended up just where you belong, in the home and heart of a truly devoted, loving human! Wow, a plane ride to the grandparents taken in stride, even putting up with those Labbie antics What a treasure your human has in you! You are so deserving of our coveted Cat of the Day kudos AND all the good things that life has to offer! Congrats on finding your forever human and your "top cat" honors," sweetheart! Hugs and kisses to you, precious Pete!!! Here's to a lifetime of unconditonal love and happy days! Enjoy your day, hope you're being spoiled rotten

Pete

Pete,
    What a handsome kitty you are and you sound so sweet. I'm so glad you found a family that loves and appreciates you. Congratulations on being cat of the day!

Pete what a handsome boy you are for sure!!!

How could anyone let you go? I'm glad you found your purrfect home and family now. Hope only happy times ahead for you now!!!

Congratulations, sweetie, on being our special Cat of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Congratulations on finding a ***** REAL STAR ***** in La-La Land! I'm sure Pete would enjoy some pan-seared tuna at Spago on his special day.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Pete

Pete, what beautiful big eyes you have! They really stand out against your grey and white fur. You sound like a very sweet boy and its obvious your family loves you very much! Its great to see a native Californian get the recognition he deserves! Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!

Blog Entries

PETE power

Meeow, Hi Pete -- your story is like mine except I'm 8 years old. Two former families gave me up. My purr~ents, KatMa & Paw-Paw can't figure this out as I am, like you, a very charming, handsome, delightfully good pussycat and very affectionate & lovable. My purr~ents can understand some people may want to give away human family members [some folks get terrible family members] but who wants to give away a furkid?

In my case this second time people 'gave' me away it was because my former people family were transferred and could not take me. They implored my veterinarian who was the late Sasha's vet to place me in a loving home. My Vet was determined that KatMa and Paw-Paw would be my new people. I waited from September 2005 until January 14th 2006 to go home with KatMa & Paw-Paw. They needed time to mourn the passing of darling Sasha, the Queen Calico Cat.

KatMa checked in on me every week [sometimes more than once a week]. My Vet, Dr A was delighted with this because when others asked to take me home, she told them I was going to another family. KatMa & Paw-Paw were not aware of Dr A's plan -- they thank their good fortune every day that Dr A decided to keep me until they were ready to welcome me with fanfare and lots of love.

Your meowMa or Pa loves you the way my purr~ents love me. Pete, you have awesome power "PETE power" adopting your human and "converting" her/him to cat lover! How special are you!!!?? Purr~etty awesome according to my purr~ents and me...purr~etty awesome PETE power in our book!

Live long & prosper, dear Pete. Purrrr, tell your human I'm a big fan of her/him ... because your human saw how special you are and took you to your fur~ever home! Every pet deserves to be loved, cherished, adored and to live a very long life. We're happy to know you are an indoor kitty -- the safest way for felines to have long, healthy and safe lives.

100,000 kisses from my KatMa & Paw-Paw for you and big kittykisses & purrs from me. For your human, ultra royal feline kisses from me.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

What a big handsome boy you are Pete! How could anyone ever give you up? (Well, I guess we know that some humans have mush for brains.) But lucky Pete, you found a family who loves you forever! You were a brave boy to ride on the plane and not make a fuss. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your grandpurrents and "the dog." Pete, you are a great COTD!