Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG... gross

i had a coworker who didnt bathe at all he stank soo bad he leaved an odor trace wherever he walked by adn we told him to take a shower use deodorant and change clothes (he changed clothes at most every 15 days, the very same outfit for 15 days without a bath !!!) and what he said?? if you dont like it dont smell me..........what??? and he was serious about it we told the boss and he said i cant force him to bath..........i dont know if he ever bathed cause i changed job thank god...........

its really disgusting having to work with a person like that, i´m sorry for you, i hope the manager can do something about him or *crossing fingers* maybe he gets the idea and take proper care of his personla higiene (sp?)
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

I just got the most wicked idea...

It's not funny though.... well, maybe it is.

I've heard of people doing this.... but with mouthwash for those with bad breath.

I would purchase a bar of soap and put a post it on it with "take a hint" on it.

I'd put it on his desk after he leaves for the day or before he comes in the morning.

One nice thing about the military. We don't have those issues. If a soldier doesn't bathe/shower/maintain good personal hygiene, it is enforced, usually with scrub brushes and cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom
    I just got the most wicked idea...

It's not funny though.... well, maybe it is.

I've heard of people doing this.... but with mouthwash for those with bad breath.

I would purchase a bar of soap and put a post it on it with "take a hint" on it.

I'd put it on his desk after he leaves for the day or before he comes in the morning.
    My boyfriend actually tried to get me to do this. He put a bar of soap in my purse and I was carrying it around for days. The guy is pretty volatile - he has stormed out of meetings, slamming the door hard enough to shake the window on two occasions, and has even pointed his finger at the boss and yelled "F YOU" loudly in the boss's face.

Yet, for some reason he's still working here. I don't have the courage to confront him - he might hurt me or something. I'll just keep spraying the lysol after he leaves, until I find a new job and give my notice. That's my ultimate goal.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

WHOA! Why don't they fire him? What an A$$.
    He doesn't have to know the soap is from you.
    Just put it on his desk and have your boy friend write "take a hint", that way he can't accuse anyone in particular if he can't recognise the handwriting.

Seems to me your boss has no *&^LS.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sitting here minding my own business and his skanky butt comes and sits behind me, coughing up a lung, talking to me about the project we're working on, and I feel his nasty slimy finger touching my right shoulder!!!!! AAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WTF is WRONG with this guy?!?!? WHY CAN'T HE KEEP HIS HANDS TO HIMSELF?!?!?! WHY MUST HE TOUCH EVERYTHING?!?!?!?!?!

*insert random swears here, spraying myself down with lysol*

WTF!!!!!
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

My best advice to you is NOT to get on antidepressants over situations that you can change. If I had known about them before I took them, I would have quit my job before I ever took the first one. These are some heavy duty drugs and all you will be doing is trading one problem for another.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Hmm... According to my therapist, there's two different types nowadays - one is addictive, the other is non-habit forming.

I'm going for the non-habit forming ones. My depression really is getting unbearable... If they don't work, I can always go off of them.
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

I guess most work places has at least one person like this. We had a
    guy who from the smell of him, never bathed or changed his clothes.

I never had to work with this guy but, our whole group had to attend a
    staff meeting every morning at 8.am. We had cloth like covering on all the
    chairs & all sat pretty much in the same chairs around the table each
    meeting. No one would ever sit in HIS chair because it started to smell just
    like him.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hm, I have two jobs. Both clearly state that you will be terminated IF you show up dirty and unclean, if you smell bad, etc etc. They'll give you a warning, but after the first, you're out of there. Probably because the managers have to deal with the employees face to face, CONSTANTLY. And no one wants a smelly employee. :P

But as to everything else, I don't know. I don't know if I'd call it sexual harassment, but I suppose it could be classified as it. He is physically harassing you though - and you need to give him a chance to stop. Ask him to stop... jokingly say "do you always have to touch me?!" and back away. And then if he doesn't stop, say it in a serious voice. After that, call the police from your office. You don't need to deal with someone like this.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

PHEW!!! You have my sympathy!! At my job, we get people in there all the time that stink to high heaven. They leave a trail of "stank" behind them too. It's just disgusting. What I always wonder is how do these people stand themselves? Does it not bother them at all??? As for him touching you, you have every legal right to file harrassment charges against him. Your workplace is required by law to support anti-harrassment. I hope and pray that you get out of there asap. Nobody should have to live like that!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveReptiles
    AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sitting here minding my own business and his skanky butt comes and sits behind me, coughing up a lung, talking to me about the project we're working on, and I feel his nasty slimy finger touching my right shoulder!!!!! AAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WTF is WRONG with this guy?!?!? WHY CAN'T HE KEEP HIS HANDS TO HIMSELF?!?!?! WHY MUST HE TOUCH EVERYTHING?!?!?!?!?!

*insert random swears here, spraying myself down with lysol*

WTF!!!!!
    Next time he touches you, tell him to keep his grubby paws off of you now and always. Seriously. This guy doesn't seem to get the hint and if he can tell his boss f.u., then the company is letting him get away with anything and everything. You need to start standing up for yourself because it sounds like the company you work for is doing diddly squat.

P.S. I bought a townhouse several years ago. HUGE mistake. One neighbor next to me played loud music (with the bass) every freaking night. I complained to the association and they didn't do a damn thing. They had parties every weekend and they were just trashy scum. I had this feeling buying the place was a big mistake and I was right. I was sooooo depressed about the whole thing (if I didn't have my animals I'd probably be dead today). So I sold my townhouse (at a profit) and hi-tailed it out of there. So I can understand how you feel about that. If you ever need to talk, please PM me.

Good luck!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Yuck this guy is allowed to TOUCH you?? Like others have said, that is harrasment. I would file a complaint. Or quit. I'm so sorry you are stuck in such a crummy work environment!!

This guy should invest in a jar of jock itch medicine among other toiletries mentioned here. Sheesh.
    As for the touching, he may not know it annoys you.
    You have the right to say how you feel. something like,
    *it makes me uncomfortable when people touch me. I'd rather you didn't do that anymore, okay?* maintaining eye contact, and when he says ok. say *thank you* holding the look until he looks away. That may be all it takes.
    I'm sorry you're having such a bad living and working situation. It won't always be this bad, hun. **HUGS**
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

OK a bit late with my 2 cents and that is all its worth,
    first call your local labor office, this is a federal issue and under CT labor laws your employer can fined heavily

second if i missed this please reply why is it that he needs to talk or be in your cubicle/ space/office?

third look in your employee handbook and find the phone numbers to corporate offices (you have been documenting days times etc.?)

fourth
    Hang in there, no one said living is easy but it is easier with friends!