Thread: Dog Marking Problem

Unhappy Dog Marking Problem

First of all I'd like to say hi to everyone

Secondly, I'm at the end of my tether and would welcome any advice given...my sincerest thanks in advance...

I've got a 6 year old Staffordshire Bull Terrier/ Border Collie cross who won't stop peeing everywhere...when I say everywhere I mean 7 or 8 pees a day in the house...sometimes more. I'm sure it's a marking thing as they're usually only small amounts of urine but obviously it doesn't mean it's any less smelly or unhygienic.

Only yesterday while I was emptying the dishwasher and my back was turned, he peed all over the clean dishes

To give you a bit of background, he has epilepsy and while I'm sure this has no bearing on his problem, I thought it might be worth a mention. He also shares his life with my other dog, a female alsation/doberman cross.

In the past I've been on other forums and asked for advice on the same problem and I've done everything suggested to stop this...these including keeping him on his leash at all times so he can't sneak off to tinkle. That gave me a urine free house for the 2 weeks I tried it but as soon as I stopped the behaviour resumed again. I also tried following him and every time he cocked his leg I scolded him and put him outside so he would hopefully associate urinating with outside (and obviously I praised him when he did actually do it outside). Again, that worked for a week or two but he soon resorted back to piddling everywhere.

We're moving to a new house in the next few weeks and we have spent thousands refurbishing it so as you can understand, the thought of him doing this there is terrifying so I'm open to all suggestions. I'm willing to put in the time and effort, whatever it takes.

Once again, thanks in advance!

All I can suggest is that you continue with the leash/taking him outside approach as they did seem to work. It is obviously going to take much longer than 2 weeks to sort out
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk