Thread: Constant meowing

Constant meowing

I know this should go in cat behaviour, but not many people look there and I need a quick answer. My brother (anthony) asked me to ask you why his cat, Yegger, is CONSTANTLY meowing. Yegger meows when Anthony comes home from work, and all through the evening and when he goes to bed he sits at the window and meows. Do you know why he could be doing this, and how to stop it?

Yegger is fairly young, about 1-2 years old. He's nuetered.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Some cats are talkers but if the cat just recently started this and it's not a health problem (probably should have a vet check to make sure) then I would think he might be lonely and/or bored. Maybe your brother should get another cat that Yegger gets along with as a companion.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Some cats are talkers but if the cat just recently started this and it's not a health problem (probably should have a vet check to make sure) then I would think he might be lonely and/or bored. Maybe your brother should get another cat that Yegger gets along with as a companion.
    It just started. My brother recently moved out from him and his girlfriends house. She had a cat named Moe, so maybe Yegger misses her? I will tell Anthony your reply, thank you.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Quote Originally Posted by dab_20
    It just started. My brother recently moved out from him and his girlfriends house. She had a cat named Moe, so maybe Yegger misses her? I will tell Anthony your reply, thank you.
    I'm willing to be the bank that Yegger misses Moe - and maybe your brother's girlfriend too. I'd say that is the meowing problem.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    I'm willing to be the bank that Yegger misses Moe - and maybe your brother's girlfriend too. I'd say that is the meowing problem.
    Thanks very much!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Gosh, Abby SCREAMED her head off the entire time Harry was gone to be neutered. Many cats are very vocal when they are upset.

Allen screams at me when he's mad about something.

Flutter meows her head off all day long in an attempt to ellicit pettings from anyone near her.

We took Strauss in when his human died - and he would meow in the hallway at 3:00am. He was loud too. He was missing his human and the other cat that he lived with.

We gave him a lot of love and he did calm down. Now he's part of the family.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Chester called and called for days for the ferals I had here and sent on to homes when they were ready. It was so sad... I would suggest your brother get a companion kitty for him.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I took Spunky in the night before his surgery so I wouldn't have to hide all of the cat food and listen to meows all night. Poor Sams thought he was next to leave the house and wouldn't let me near him. He also held watch by the front door and later that night he stayed under the bed, which is Spunky's refuge. He stayed under the bed most of the next day and didn't eat much either.

Finally in the evening he started snuggling against me and started to eat again.

Anne

The Found Cats all missed BJ, and Diane when they passed on.
    If they were the only Cats, I imagine that thier meeeowing would have been a lot louder.
    I think that your Kitty would like a nice Little Girl Cat.
    I wonder if they would let him pick his own friend.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks for the replies. I told my brother that Yegger is probably lonely for a kitty friend. He didn't really say much about getting another cat, so we'll see.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*