Thread: My Foster Angel, Pumkin

My Foster Angel, Pumkin

At the beginning of the month, my dear, sweet Pumkin was brought up from the southern States. She was left outside tied to a tire day and night and the people just kept trying to get rid of her so a rescue flew her up here and she became my foster girl.

We were told that she was mildly heartworm positive, had tooth decay, and there was something wrong with her leg. X-rays showed that her leg had been broken in the past and a large pin had been put in her leg that was actually poking her. Although she hobbled around on three legs, she always had a smile on her face and wanted to play with my dogs. We only had her for a week, but the change we saw in her was incredible. Initially, she wouldn't come near us and near the end, she would twirl around whenever somebody came home.

We had adopters lined up for her and everything and she was scheduled to start her heartworm treatment last Monday. However, further tests indicated that the worms were very, very severe. The worms had travelled to most of her organs, including her liver, lungs, and bladder. Her liver was barely functioning and a couple of vets told us that there was absolutely no chance of her surviving. We decided that the most humane thing to do was to have her euthanized and put an end to her pain, so last Saturday, June 17th, she was sent to the Bridge.

I can't believe her life was lost due to something that's 100% preventable. I hope whoever did this to her gets what they deserve. She certainly didn't deserve this.

Rest in Peace, my angel.

RIP Pumkin.

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Unhappy

I am so so sorry to hear about your sweet Pupmkin... play hard at the bridge, sweetie!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

I'm sorry for your loss of Pumkin. Bless you for being her friend. At least she knew love before she went to the Rainbow Bridge.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The picture posted of Pumpkin, initially, made me feel mad.
    And , I did not post a reply right away.

After clicking onto the tread, again, I realized that YOU suffered when this dear animal had to be put down. I am so very sorry that you tried in vain to help this dog.

Thank-You for teaching all of us about the value of a dogs' life. Thank-You for reminding all of us that the money spent for Heartworm detection is well worth it!!!!

Bless You for being there for Pumpkin!!!!

What a little beauty Pumkin was. I am so sorry that her life was cut short. At least she had you and your family taking care of her in the end giving her the love of a lifetime. Hugs.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I'm so sorry to hear about Pumpkin. At least the last part of her life was spent being loved in a wonderful foster home. I know she enjoyed her time with you.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thank you for all of the replies. However, I am lucky that I could spend time with her; I feel bad for the rescue and the adoptive family we had lined up. I can't even begin to imagine how that must feel.

The picture posted of Pumpkin, initially, made me feel mad.
    Sorry, I woke up early today and I'm feeling a bit dense . Why did the picture make you mad?

Thank-You for teaching all of us about the value of a dogs' life. Thank-You for reminding all of us that the money spent for Heartworm detection is well worth it!!!!
    I don't understand why peole don't put their dogs on preventative. I mean especially in Louisiana where there is an incredible amount of heartworm. It would have saved her so much pain and suffering if somebody had just taken the time...