Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your dog's breed/s?

What is your dog's breed/s?

What is your dog's breed or mix? Why do you like the breed/s?

Molli- She's a toy poodle mix. Her mom is a poodle mix and her dad is pure poodle. I like toy poodles because they are such happy dogs. Molli has never ending energy and she loves to play. Poodles are very smart and pick up things quickly. Molli always amuses me and she's such a silly girl. Poodles are very lively and love to be w/ people. Her fur is so soft and her little poof ball head is so cute! lol She tries her hardest to please me. She absolutly loves her family and strangers alike. Molli is always happy to have attention and licks people non stop. She is such a fun little dog to play with, poodles are great dogs!

Sammy- American Cocker Spaniel. Cocker's are very sweet and make awsome pets as well as hunting dogs. Sam loves to take walks in the woods and never tires. He adores people, but he's a little shy at first. Cocker's have such pretty feathering on their ears and legs. Sam's tail wags 24/7 and he is always so happy. Cockers are such merry dogs. He does very well with children and lets them poke and pet him as much as they like. He's equally happy to relax on the couch with me or go running. Cockers coulden't be any more happier to be with people, I love this breed!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Snuggles is a shih tzu. I like that breed because they are so royal and regal. They must be spoiled and are extremely picky. They are also very loyal and sweet. They uplift you.

Astra is either a poorly bred Siberian Husky, or is a mix. We got her two years ago, before I knew about BYBs. My mom saw a husky at the Humane Society and wanted it really badly. We decided to go home and to research before adopting her, but when we called the shelter back, she was aleady gone. So we continued searching for a pure white husky. We finally came across one in San Antonio. We drove all the way up there (6hrs) just to get Astra. She was shy and incredibly skinny. Her sisters didn't let her eat, so she was weak. We chose her. She had some health problems, diarrhea, ear infections and allergies. But those cleared up quickly. Now she is a hyper, loving, mischievious(sp?) and a wonderful companion!

Molly is a super nice Golden Retriever. We got her from a very good breeder in Corpus Christi. We had been wanting a nice companion dog for a while, so after some research, we found the Golden Retriever would be the best dog for us. We searched the shelters in vain for a Golden, but we couldn't find one. So looked for breeders and came up with one in Corpus Christi. We drove over there to pick her up. She and her sister were the only ones left. It was a tough decision, but I finally chose Molly. When we were leaving, Molly gave her sister a kiss goodbye. She is a wonderful companion, and a very well behaved dog. She is friendly, gentle toward kids, and all around a wonderful dog!

Prince is a Chihuahua mix with a very sad story. A lady bought him thinking he had papers but when she found out he didn't, sold him, but she said he did. Another lady bought him thinking he had papers but when she found out he didn't, sold him. We had been wanting a small dog and after searching the shelters with no luck, turned out attention to the classifieds. He was only $100 because the lady really wanted to get rid of him. He was living outside in a kennel, with a chicken coup- looking doghouse, with hay inside to keep him warm. His kennel was covered with feces and he was very poorly treated. Another couple had wanted him, but had to get groceries first, so the lady said it was a first come, first serve basis. Luckily we lived close by, and came there first. Prince was very nervous for the first few weeks after we brought him home. He pooped on the sidewalk, instead of grass because he had lived most of his life on concrete. He was skinny and scared of loud noises and flies, because of his continuous nights outside. He still has fear of loud noises, but he isn't nervous anymore. All he wants to do is cuddle!

Man, I talk a lot. Sorry for the long post.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Morgan is a (poorly bred) Rottweiler pup:

Things I like about the Rottweiler is their huge devotion to their family, their intelligence level (eventhough they tend to be stubborn), their appearance, etc. They're such a fun, loving breed of dog. I've had Rottweilers since I was born and I absolutely love them.
    --------
    Winston is a Doberman (again, poorly bred):

I don't really know what I like about them, to be honest. They're very similar to the Rottweiler as far as loyalty & intelligence goes but I don't care for their appearance often (unless they're very well bred, have nice laying natural ears or *nicely* cropped ears). They're very agile and athletic though, and I do like that. I don't like how guardy they can be though.
    --------
    Tia is a (poorly bred) Miniature Dachshund:

To be honest, this is not my breed. I loved Jesse (Tia's mom) but she was totally unlike any other Dachshund I've ever been around. Tia and I don't get along (which would be a reason for the lack of pics) too well, she seems to hold a constant grudge when it comes to me eventhough I can't think of anything I've ever done to her. But as far as the breed goes, I do like their appearance and how outgoing they are.
    --------
    Tango is a Border Collie/Toller mix:

Now, I can't say as I totally love her mix...it's not a good mix at all. Her entire litter has more energy than a regular BC and they are all extremely, extremely nervous, anxious dogs (including Tango). Not sure if this has to do with the mix or her parents (though I'm leaning towards parents..) However, I love her and think she's the best dog I've ever had besides her issues. She's so outgoing, so energetic, so intellgent (She learns new things perfectly within 10mins on average) and so devoted to me. There are more things I love about her breed/s but that's all I can think of for now.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Sassy is a purebred maltese. I LOVE malteses so much. She doesn't shed and she is non-allergenic. But Sassy is just to special for words, she is my little baby and I love her. She has so much love,devotion,and loyalty. No matter what she is always there for me. He loyalty shows everyday. If someone gets to close to me that she doesn't know she's right there beside me. If I'm holding her ans someone strange comes by she will bark at them. I truley think if someone attacked me she would fight to the DEATH! She's loyal to my mom,whom is going through cancer right now, and she just sits next to her all day. She sleeps beside the couch if my mom is there. She sits at her feet while she cooks and she even risks getting in trouble to climb the steps to follow her. Whenever, I come home from school she always waits for me there. If your crying she'll cuddle with you. Malteses are also so smart. She knows complicated tricks and her basic commands. She knows how to open and close her cage door(not lock it or unlock it though). She is so regal to and the breed is just so regal all together. I LOVE malteses.

Jesse is an American Cocker Spaniel.
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Niņo is a Mutt of unknown origin
    I just tell people he's a Dalmatian/Pit bull mix because it satisfies. It does not, however, explain his extra longer hair than either of the breeds and his 'huntin dog' body oils. He's stubborn, intellegent, pretty energetic, pretty strong, and sensitive. As far as training goes, he's the exact same as a pittie.

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    Sassy is a purebred maltese. I LOVE malteses so much. She doesn't shed and she is non-allergenic. But Sassy is just to special for words, she is my little baby and I love her. She has so much love,devotion,and loyalty. No matter what she is always there for me. He loyalty shows everyday. If someone gets to close to me that she doesn't know she's right there beside me. If I'm holding her ans someone strange comes by she will bark at them. I truley think if someone attacked me she would fight to the DEATH! She's loyal to my mom,whom is going through cancer right now, and she just sits next to her all day. She sleeps beside the couch if my mom is there. She sits at her feet while she cooks and she even risks getting in trouble to climb the steps to follow her. Whenever, I come home from school she always waits for me there. If your crying she'll cuddle with you. Malteses are also so smart. She knows complicated tricks and her basic commands. She knows how to open and close her cage door(not lock it or unlock it though). She is so regal to and the breed is just so regal all together. I LOVE malteses.
    snuggles is the exact same way!!!! I am so sorry your mom is going through cancer. It must be terrrible for you!

Gonzo is my Border Collie boy. I don't necessarily feel he is "badly bred"... as far as appearance, a lot of people say he's "funny looking" and doesn't "look" like a real BC. These people are mostly those that are used to seeing show Border Collies - which he is far from being. His personality is very BC, though. He is insanely loyal to me & his family, he is smart and catches on to anything, he is wary with strangers, he stares down anything that's moving, he is always ready to go out and play for hours, but he is super sweet and happy to just hang out. I feel like, besides a few of his little "quirks", he's the perfect dog (for me)! I hope I never have to be without a BC... but no dog could ever compare to Gonzy.

Fozzie is a Corgi x JRT x Husky? He is the best puppy I could ask for. He already knows to go potty immediately on command, he has a great recall, knows all of his basic commands, and is truly devoted & attached to his family. Gonzo loves him to pieces and they groom each other often. Fozzie has not met a stranger, human or dog, but he is most affectionate with people he knows. I think he has a total Corgi personality, he's very intelligent & a little bit stubborn, very active, and very goofy! Whatever he is, it's a wonderful mix. =)

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Marta & Vallis are corgis. I just love them to pieces, I could go on and on about corgis and often I do! They are very smart, outgoing, and if dogs can have a sense of humor I swear that corgis do. They love to have a good time and they are usually starting a new game, that is when they aren't napping! They are also the worlds biggest suck ups and love to get pets from new people. Oh, yeah, they can also be a bit willful, but I think it just adds to their charm.

My beautiful Marta...

And cute little Vallis

Adele is a greyhound mix- we think maybe she's 1/2 JRT, so we jokingly call her a "jackhound." She's much more hyper than a full greyhound, but she definately has the greyhound need for comfort! She refuses to lay on the floor (like a normal dog), if her bed or the couch isn't available, she will pace until she can steal someone's place when they get up! She's definately not in the running for the doggy Mensa club or anything, but what she lacks in brains she makes up for in affection and obedience....for some reason she listens to everything we say. (Very unlike the corgis, who often have their own agenda). She's a great dog, too, but she's the serious one in the bunch! Can't you tell from her picture? She's very intently looking at something that must be chased:

Border Collies come in all shapes and sizes I'm finding. AKC can go to heck with their Barbie Collie dogs as that is not a BC.

Two of my crew are Aussies and two are Border Collies. Experts......tell me which is which in my siggy and yes this is a challenge.

Visa is a Belgian shepherd. I love the breed because they are active, driven, beautiful, and devoted. They are versatile and amazing at whatever it is they do.
    I've been BOO'd!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    Niņo is a Mutt of unknown origin
    I just tell people he's a Dalmatian/Pit bull mix because it satisfies. It does not, however, explain his extra longer hair than either of the breeds and his 'huntin dog' body oils. He's stubborn, intellegent, pretty energetic, pretty strong, and sensitive. As far as training goes, he's the exact same as a pittie.

nino is nice looking guy! very sweet and nice looking.... is the pit bull akc recognized? i have been wondering

Max and Oscar are both basset hounds. They are very sweet-natured, laid-back, stubborn dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by shihtzulover850
    nino is nice looking guy! very sweet and nice looking.... is the pit bull akc recognized? i have been wondering
    The American Pit Bull Terrier and Staffordshire (sp?) Bull Terrier is AKC recognized.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*