Thread: Adoption Update

Adoption Update

I just thought I would update everyone with a little happy adoption news for a change. The June batch of referrals have been mailed from China. Our referral is not in that batch, but barring the unexpected, we should hear something in July. If we get our referral (pictures and info about Mary Joyce) in July, then we would travel to China sometime around September. We're actually getting close now!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    All fingers and paws are still crossed. Can't wait until Mary Joyce is safe in your arms.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Wonderful news! I'm so excited for you. In a few years I plan to start adoption proceedings. I’m 25 years old and unmarried, but when I get a little more financially stable China is one of the countries I’m thinking about going to. Thanks for the update!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I wish you all the luck in the world!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    How old is Mary Joyce, now? I'm sorry if this has already been said, if it has, I missed it! That's exciting, not long now!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Good luck!! I cannot wait to see your little Mary Joyce in your arms!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    How old is Mary Joyce, now? I'm sorry if this has already been said, if it has, I missed it! That's exciting, not long now!
    We don't know yet. That is part of what we will learn from the referral. Best guess would be somewhere between 8 months and a year when she comes home in September. (China is a country where adoptive families are matched with a child, and the matching is done fairly late in the process. Some countries, like Guatemala, match sooner, but the wait is longer. In some countries, you get to choose the child. In China, you only get to choose if you are adopting a waiting (special needs) child, which we are not doing this time.)

WOW!! HOW EXCITING!!

Gosh it seems like it is taking forever!! I bet it is refreshing to be getting some news!

September is really *not that far* away!! OH BOY!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Yeah!!! Praying for you guys!
    Chris

WOW! You are "due" in September..a VERY lovely month. I cannot WAIT to see the first pic...

I have often wondered about your process, but hated to come out and ask you.

My cousin and his wife are getting ready to adopt their second daughter from China in the coming months. And we have good friends who were just put on "delay" because apparently the Chinese have decided that keeping a few girls around is not a bad thing.

I hope that you will get the confirmation in July!!!! You have been so patient and deserve to have "Mary Joyce" in your home sooner than later!

Logan

Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    I have often wondered about your process, but hated to come out and ask you.

My cousin and his wife are getting ready to adopt their second daughter from China in the coming months. And we have good friends who were just put on "delay" because apparently the Chinese have decided that keeping a few girls around is not a bad thing.

I hope that you will get the confirmation in July!!!! You have been so patient and deserve to have "Mary Joyce" in your home sooner than later!

Logan
    It isn't so much that they were put on "delay," as it is that the process has slowed down for everyone. One of the major reasons is that there have been many more applications to adopt, and there are basically the same number of babies available for adoption. There are other reasons and speculated reasons, too, but the pace seems to be leveling out a little bit, thankfully.

So excited for you that you may get paperwork in July, and your baby girl in September or so ... gosh, with all these boy babies being born to Pet Talk families, Mary Joyce is gonna be our girl representative! At least until Misha's baby sister makes HER appearance, anyway! She'll have her choice of baby beaus!

Keeping you in my prayers and can't wait to see those first pics of Mary Joyce.