Thread: Ever had one of those nights?

Ever had one of those nights?

Well, it's still crazy around here, but I am SOOO dang tired I could sleep for days! Last night I had the most awful night...my stomach was empty, I had a million things going through my head, my bed felt like a rock, and I just could NOT sleep for anything!!!! I just tossed and turned all night, and I got up with a headache and I just feel so lousy. I'm actully going through my room right now, but it's so dang hard to get motivated there too... Not to mention all the different stuff we're doing, and then in a little over a week we're going on vacation for 2 weeks, and then right after we get home I'm headed off again for the following weekend. *sigh* I'm so tired, but I just don't know what to do!!! Any suggestions for sleeping better at night? I've been sleepless quite a bit lately, but last night was horrible...I just laid awake for hours. It sure doesn't help my functioning during the day either! Oh, one more thing...I have a bad memory most of the time (and always get teased about having ADD, it drives me crazy!) and a friend of mine suggested taking the herb, Ginkco Biboa...anyone take that, and does it work?? Thanks!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I had a sleepless night last night too- I had a ton of things on my mind that ended up surfacing in my dreams and woke me up....then there was a large thunderstorm that woke me and it took me a long time to fall asleep again.

I find that reading before bed helps me, especially when I have too much on my mind, I try to think about the characters in the book rather than my own life- I just try not to focus on it too much before I sleep, I'd rather do it in the morning when I'm fresh and have the whole day. I've never tried Ginko biloba, though. I hope you sleep better tonight!

When I have a lot on my mind, I find that writing it all down before bedtime helps. I guess that I'm transferring the worries to the paper. A small glass of milk helps, too.

When I REALLY can't get to sleep, I'll take a couple of ibuprofen and read for a few minutes. I've tried Tylenol PM and I don't feel rested in the morning.

Suggestions for sleeping well:
    Don't drink anything with caffeine after 2 in the afternoon.
    Make sure you have a light dinner.
    A few hours before bed, have a nice warm bath.
    Drink a cup of chamomile tea with little or no sugar or something with Vebena in it. (Both natural relaxing natural herbs).
    Read a few pages of a magazine or something not too mind stimulating.
    Make sure your room is cool.
    You tend to sleep better when you are cool.
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 06-21-2006 at 10:45 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

I had one of those nights last night too. hmmm seems a little creepy none of us could sleep lol.

For some reason my whole body just aches like I did a big workout or something (which I didn't). Teddy barked at something outside (which he never does) in the middle of the night then came into my room and stood guard of the door and let out a low growl. So I was paranoid about that so I couldn't sleep cause I was listening for noises. then my allergies Started to bother me in the middle of the night. I have NEVER had my allergies act up at night like that. I was sneezing and sniffling and couldn't breathe through my nose. I finally fell asleep at about 5 am

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

yeah, I have had those nights. Especially when it's humid in the house. I try not to eat anything before I go to bed.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I have these nights regularly! Best thing to do then is get up, and frink a glass warm milk with honey. Works for me!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Beeniesmom had some great suggestions. Just to reiterate something she said, don't read or watch or listen to anything too stimulating. One of the worst things you can do is watch a movie or watch the news or something right before bed. It's too stimulating, and, does nothing to relax your body and mind. Decaffeinated tea always helps me relax, too...white tea is low in caffeine or completely decaffeinated. Good luck getting some sleep, and as far as the "ADD", that's more than likely because you're not getting enough sleep. You could try to address the sleeplessness first and see how that helps, and, if it doesn't help with the memory problem once you're getting enough rest again, gingko does help.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Thanks for the ideas, I will try them out! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to have "insomnia."

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins