Thread: What are the pros and cons of having 2?

What are the pros and cons of having 2?

discuss!

Im not trying to burst your bubble or anything but are all of Charlies problems solved? I remember you posting saying that you may need to give him back to the lady a while back and I was just checking because he may play up more with another dog in his territory.

I miss walking my dog on her own!! when we got two it was like my mum made up a rule about us only walking them both at the same time so I didnt really have a choice but my jack russel isn't good on a lead so Its too hard to do anymore

I suppose the pro's are that they keep themselves entertained

Well, I have three but at one point I had two.

The pros and cons for having two would be different for everyone, in my opinion. It depends on how easily trainable or how experienced in training the owner is. If you have a owner who doesn't know how to train, it could easily be a nightmare.

I was lucky with my two - they were easibly trainable.

The pros for me were:
    • They kept eachother company
    • Simba was older - so getting a puppy (Nala at 8 weeks old) really lifted his spirits.
    • SO much fun watching them interact

The cons for me:
    • You never knew who did what, who got sick, etc.
    • Another mouth to feed
    • More poop (especially with Nala's horse-sized stool)

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well, I enjoy walking my 2 girls together. They really keep themselves entertained and absolutely LOVE eachother.

I guess the bad thing is worrying about food agression and stuff. Even though I don't have that problem, it could be a big deal to some.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy4paws
    Im not trying to burst your bubble or anything but are all of Charlies problems solved? I remember you posting saying that you may need to give him back to the lady a while back and I was just checking because he may play up more with another dog in his territory.

I miss walking my dog on her own!! when we got two it was like my mum made up a rule about us only walking them both at the same time so I didnt really have a choice but my jack russel isn't good on a lead so Its too hard to do anymore

I suppose the pro's are that they keep themselves entertained
    Proud to say YUP!

Having him on leash inside and keeping to it. Letting him free when we was good did the trick! It took about a week. That time I just had so much going on and being a new dog owner was all hecktic. I bought some videos and books and Charlie listens really well now. He's doing good with his crate now that I have one. He quiets when I get onto him about barking, doesn't jump or anything. He's really a good dog now. I don't know where I'd be w/o him. Really. I missed him sooooooooo much for the few days I was gone.

And ITA lol. Tho it would be fun to watch them interact. I don't think I'd like pickin up more poo in the HOT Tx sun

O yeah, I have more problems keeping my daughter out of his food n water lol.

BUT, I was just seeing the pros and cons. I would LOVE to get another. but can't right now. Maybe in 10 yrs I hate craving new pets and humans lol. It's as addictive as smoking. Tho, I wasn't really addicted to nicotine, it was the bringing it up to my mouth and puffin. I quit a couple years ago tho.

I had 2 dogs at one time, also..that was a few years ago. I have 4 now.

the pros and cons of having 2 dogs is

pros

* they keep each other company

* they've always gotten along

Cons

* they can get tired of each other, but not often.

I really haven't had any cons with these 2 since we got them. It makes me proud that they get along!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Having Bubba has totally brought Casey out of her shell. Her previous owner dumped her for not getting along with their small dog but she does great with bubba.

I think dogs are pack animals so it is good for them to be around other dogs.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom

I think dogs are pack animals so it is good for them to be around other dogs.
    I agree.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Hmmm...I've never actually had two, went from one to three!

I see you've decided to wait, not a bad choice To get your dog/puppy fix you could always volunteer at your Humane Society/animal shelter...very rewarding for you and the dogs!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08