Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ever been forgotten?

ever been forgotten?

has a good friend ever just "forgotten" about you? a friend that you spent nearly every waking moment with. a friend that you loved and was your "BEST FRIEND". you wouldn't think it would be possible for such a good friend to just dump you like this huh? well, it happend to me.

my friend Billy and i have been best friends since the moment we met. we did everything together. i even gave him a key to my house! he came over everyday! he would just walk in, cook me dinner, and we'd hang out all night. he called Gracie his daughter.

all of the sudden Billy stopped commin over. he ignored my calls and just stopped being a friend. i didn't say or do anything. you know what the problem was? he got a girlfriend! evidently when a guy gets a girlfriend he can no longer hang out with his best friend! i see him driving with this girl often and his mom still thinks we are gonna get married someday. she has no idea that we have never planned to get married. we were just friends. i have a boyfriend and i still hang out with my friends.

sorry, i just had to talk.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Well most girlfriends won't tolerate a female best friend, so unfortunately those things do happen. Since you guys were never going to be a couple it was bound to happen sooner or later when he got a girlfriend. Good thing you have your boyfriend and the dogs to keep you company!

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

yeah, i guess. i just hate that!

Unfortunately, it's happened to me many a time. I have one best friend who sticks with me through thick and thin, and him and I are incredibly close and we'd never forget eachother. But, I have another "best friend" - her and I are extremely close, but we're almost exactly opposite. Political views and religious beliefs are opposite, but mostly, it's our morals. She drinks and majorly into partying, and she's "done" things with guys - I have NO problems with anyone doing these things, I just don't personally do them. But she assumes that because I won't drink, I can't be invited to parties. Or that if she invites certain people along for something, she can't invite me because I don't "match" them... well she doesn't either! So yes, I'm left out quite a bit. But everytime, she comes back saying "I just don't think you would've had fun", or the greatest "I didn't want to hear another no" - well, if she would've ASKED me, I might've said YES! UGHHHH. I hate being left out. It's time like those where I just roll my eyes, slam my fist on the desk, and then call my guy best friend and hang out. :P

I'm sorry you essentially lost your best friend. But as soon as the girl is gone, I'm sure he'll be back. How old are you? How old is he? I think it's petty when a girlfriend doesn't "allow" her boyfriend to have friends that just happen to be female.. it's so stupid.
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

That's too bad! Maybe once he gets over being infatuated with his new girlfriend he will remember the rest of his friends again, I bet you are not the only one being ignored.

i'll be 18 next week. Billy is 25.

Quote Originally Posted by lute
    i'll be 18 next week. Billy is 25.
    Ehhh, boys will be boys. He'll wake up one day, and come back around. If he doesn't, give me his number and I'll make a friendly little phone call. :P

Hehe, but no, seriously. I think he'll get out of this phase. He's trying to show his girlfriend that she's the only girl in his life, that'll wear off. She'll either realize it's fake and tells him to hang out with his friends, or he'll come around to "girls will come and go, but friends will never leave".
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

I have to agree with Vela. I'm willing to be it's a territorial and/or esteem/inferiority thing. She doesn't want another girl making moves on her man for one fear or another. She's pretty silly. I bet if you give it a bit of time she'll learn that you're awesome and have no intentions of "stealing" him away.

It can also happen to mature adults.

A different scenerio, but I've been dumped by GFs finding BFs so many times I've lost count. In addition, I've also been dumped by couples, because the "wifey" thought that I was after the "hubby."

In fact, I've lowered by expectations for friends I have up here. If I expect nothing from them, I'll never be hurt. It's just that simple.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

thanks guys for the advice, i really hope he stays my friend.

once it was mostly because she went to a different school and made new friends her parents got a divorce she moved and that was it. I haven't seen her in 4 years. I am trying to find her address and write to her but I don't know if I can.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I've had that happen with a girlfriend. Not because she got a boyfriend, either. I'd known her and was close with her for eleven years. All of a sudden, she sent me a text message saying she was moving on with her life. Without me. That's the last I heard from her. No warning, no explanation. That was nearly two years ago. It happens to everyone at some point, in some way or another. It sucks every time. No matter how little time you've spent with the person, it is just about the crappiest thing someone can do. Obviously, it's worse when you have time and feelings invested. I'm sorry he's being that way. I've never been that way with boyfriends having female friends. There have been a couple of times I have had issues with girls, but, those were because they would do things that were inappropriate (and not just friendly behavior ). I hope things work out for you. But, things do happen for a reason. I know that sounds corny and cliche, but, I truly believe it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

thanks.

finn's mom, i'm sorry about your friend ditching you like that.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by lute
    thanks.

finn's mom, i'm sorry about your friend ditching you like that.
    It's all right, I forgave her already. She's young, she did what she felt she had to. I've always thought we'd be all right again one day, although I'm not expecting it. And, you'll be fine one day, too...time really does heal wounds if you let it. Harboring hard feelings just ages you. Keep smiling, even if you're not feeling like it. Cuz eventually, you'll feel happy, too.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yes, a very close friend of mine suddenly stopped calling, had her phone cut off and email closed.

We lived together in Spain, and when I moved to Cyprus she came for one summer.

She went back to Sweden, we kept in contact for about a year. She called me out of the blue and said she was engaged. After that she dropped off the face of the earth. I tried emailing her brother, but received no reponse.