Thread: My cat is depressed - help!

My cat is depressed - help!

On July 4th, I lost my sweet kitty Saki. He was only 5 years old. I write because our surviving kitty, Nana, is hysterical and I don't know what to do. They loved one another so much and spent most of their time playing and spooning. Now Nana is all alone. She has been running around the house searching for Saki and howling for him. This has been going on non-stop. It's truly heartbreaking. She's confused and desperate and I don't know how to help her. I'm trying to spend lots of time snuggling her, but she's inconsolable.
    Does anyone have any advice?
    Thanks.

Sakismom,

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet Saki. Cats do grieve. Sounds like that is what Nana is going through. Do you have anything with Saki's scent on it?? If so, let Nana sniff it and leave it for her. I had to do that when Marina Mar when to the RB. My oldest cat, Mollie Rose (12 yrs) was also inconsolable. Fortunately, I had a kitty bed that Marina Mar slept in. Mollie Rose wouldn't leave it, and hissed and growled when any of the other cats tried to get in it.

Welcome to PT!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Ditto to the previous post!!! Have you tried the homeopathic remedy: Ignatia Amara? It is used for grief and emotional upset. Can be used for humans and animals, too. I have used it with my cats, when one of them lost a good friend to the Bridge. Give Nana EXTRA love right now, she needs it!!! And take care of yourself, too!
    Nine is Fine!!

my cat is sad...needy..help

i have a really needdy cat. she follows me around room to room crying (talking alot!) she never leaves my side. and seems unhappy, i dont know what she wants, and its drving me nuts. I play with her but she is kinda lazy and will just lay there watching me. she is a lap cat, and wants to be held. she has been realy jummp lately and scares easy. here is her history:
    she is around 3 years old, shes small. She get out door time, in cased in city yard. she can come and go as she please. she always has a MT. full of food, crys if there is a small amout. she is fixed and has had other cat roommates, and i had a rabbit whom she played with, but i gave away awhile agoe ( a few months) she was a little bit sad but not much over the loss. i am pretty bussy but there are days i spend with her (all day long holding her) i did go on atrip for 9 days but had a cat sitter who "played" with her everyday. she moops around all day crying, seems pissy when i try to make her happy. she will meow madly and walk away.i was thinking maybe she is loney and mabe i can get another cat for her, she like the roommate cats, but i also dont want to upsether any more then she already is. what can i do. she is soooo needed.