Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new neighbor's cat keeps returning to its old home

I'm sorry to hear about Ozzy...I'm thinking someone must have taken him in and that he's is in a better home now Positive thoughts

SAS...Gabe would have a LONG way if he decided to do this!!

Robyn

oh i shouldn't have read this post..we are moving in two weeks to our new townhouse that we bought. I hope Yumers and Dutchess handles it well. Dutchess should she has been moved several times but this will be Yumers first time.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

I think your Yummers should be ok. Several years ago, when my husband and I bought our house and I moved my Lucy cat, she was 10 years old and had always lived in the same place. (His cat, Crystal, had moved several times, so it didn't bother her).

Anyway - I did just what all of the other people recommended - I kept her inside for a couple of weeks (which wasn't easy, since she hadn't used a litter box in years ) Then, I started allowing her outside, but only with me right by her side. She adjusted very well, and after that, I could let her go outside and she never tried to go back to her old house.

Best of luck with your move.

These are not the droids you were looking for

SAS - sorry to hear that Ozzy has finally gone and not returned - how selfish of your neighbour - please God someone caring has taken the furboy in.

YumYum - I'm sure you two will be fine - remember a quiet room for them and leave them in their porta-prisons!!

Lynne

Confinement

Confinement for a few days/a couple of weeks should do it. Lots depends on how far away you move.

Ozzy was about 5 miles away from his only home. He travelled a bike path back home. I surely hope he is ok.

I am sure if you keep your cats inside for awhile, all will be ok.

SAS

I'm so sorry to here about Ozzy's disappearance. I sure hope that he's in a safe place and doing well.

No more Ozzie

Well, it has been almost three weeks since we last saw the Oz boy. We hope he has found a good home, but knowing what I know about the animals around the islands, he is probably been made part of the food chain. If it had been up to me, he would have stayed inside, but my neighbor didn't have the heart to keep him in. He had many good years and who knows, he may just wander in someday - from his hiding spot. How sad.

I'm so sorry to hear that Ozzy is still missing. Hopefully he was picked up by a nice person and is now in a new home.