Thread: Bittersweet Birthday For Ralph

Bittersweet Birthday For Ralph

Today is Ralph Syracuse and his birthday buddy Norton's 14th birthdays!!! We have a cheesecake from Maddeluna's for them for this evening. On Monday, Barry and I made the tearful decision. Ralph will be going to the Bridge, on Thursday at 640pm. He gave me the "look" to please let him go, and very sadly we shall. We love you, Ralph Syracuse...(and Norton, too!)
    Nine is Fine!!

Happy Birthday to both, and I'm so sorry about Ralph. Can you post a picture of him so I can see him...

OH NO! What a HARD, HARD, HARD decision. I am so sorry.

But today...........hugs, kisses and scritchies for Ralph Syracuse. Happy birthday boys.

Oh no!!!! I'm so very sorry that you had to make this decision. Ralph is indeed an amazing kitty that he now told you that he's ready to go....

Please enjoy your 14th birthday, sweetie. Your hoomans love you very very much. My beloved Katz also went to the Bridge 2 days after her 14th birthday, maybe you will meet her there.

Happy Birthday to Norton, too!

Kirsten

Sandra you know how sorry I am about this. Dear brave Ralphie, he has brought much comfort to many people in his days as a therapy cat, now it is his turn to be given the ultimate gift of comfort, to be released from any suffering that might be just around the corner if he were to stay this side of the Bridge. I pray he goes over gently and comfortably and knowing he is surrounded by much love, after the birthday celebration of his life today. Let's hope he feels well enough to enjoy some of that cheesecake with his "twin" Norton.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband and all the clan, you know that.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

Awwww..........I am just SO sorry - Ralphie is such a great kitty.

Hug your baby for me...

I remember Slick and her RB baby - she gave her one kiss for each Pet Talker.

Ralph is just soaked thru with love...

Hugs and prayers to you and Ralph and everyone.

Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The Found Cats and I have LES, for Ralph.
    But a Good Guardian knows not only how to nurture, when also when its timr to say goodbye.
    I wish I knew what to say to Sandra and Barry, in this sad time.
    In the end all we can say to Our Companions, Our Friends is
    Goodbye.
    And we will see you again in a better place.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Happy Birthday Ralph. Enjoy your special day.

I'm so sorry to hear that you had to make the hard decision for him. (((hugs)))

If Ralphs passing has done anything, it is to make me realize how precious the time that we have with our Companion Pets is.
    And Princess and Michael are older than Poor Ralph Syracuse.
    I will redouble my efforts to let the Found Cats know just how much I love them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Bittersweet birthday for Ralph

It's hard to know quite what to say right now. I'm so very sorry that Ralph will be going to the Rainbow Bridge, often the right thing to do is the hardest to do. Hugs and prayers on the way for you.
    Happy birthday, Ralph! Have a super day full of love, treats, and lots of that yummy cheesecake.
    Happy birthday, Norton! Hope you have a dynamite birthday that brings you lots of love, treats, and all the things a sweet kitty like you deserves. Enjoy your cheesecake!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Thank you all for your kind and heartfelt words!!! I just wish you ALL could have been there when I put the cheesecake down on the table. You would have thought I put down a steak!!! TOTAL CHAOS!!! Even Baby Hope Simone tried to get into the act!!! The Birthday Boys enjoyed their cheesecake, and so did the rest of the Clan. Barry and I sang Happy Birthday thru tears. It is so sad to see the Top Cat of the house in this condition, but the other cats still show their respect towards Ralph. I am sure they will all miss him...
    Nine is Fine!!