Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A friend of mine died today.

A friend of mine died today.

This afternoon my friend Jason passed away, he was only 26 years old. Jason was a hemophilliac, when he was young he had a recived a blood transfusion and contracted HIV. Jason spent most of his life living with this virus and he never let it get him down. He loved to make people laugh, and he always loved everyone he met. I went to the hospital as soon as I got the call, but he had passed away shortly after my friend Jack called me. His sister said he was making jokes and being silly until the very end. The nurse that was helping him helped his sister sneak his cat David into the room. David spent the night in the hospital last night making sure that Jason was comfortable as he was leaving us. Jason loved that cat so much, it was his baby.

Please pray for Jasons family. He left behind a mom and a sister, this has been a hard year for them as not only was a son/brother lost this year but a husband/father. I'd never heard anything more heartbreaking in my life then when I heard his mom crying. There must be no greater pain then to lose a child.

I know Jason is at peace now, he hasn't been well for the last two years. I think he's spent as much time in the hospital as he had at home. His pain and suffering is now over.

Last edited by Uabassoon; 06-14-2006 at 02:46 PM.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Laura, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. We have made a lot of progress with HIV but still have a long ways to go. He must have been a great guy to love his kitty so much.

RIP Jason.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

How heartbreaking, I am at the brink of tears here. I cannot imagine what his mom is going through right now. RIP Jason.

I am sorry to hear about your friend Jason. That was sweet about his cat. At least he was surrounded by loved ones until the very end and that he stayed positive.

RIP Jason

I am so sorry to hear about Jason and his ordeal. i will definitely pray for him and his family. It was very nice of you to mention him and speak so fondly of him here at PT. RIP Jason!!!

Laura,
    How heartbreaking. My sincere sympathies on the loss of your friend, Jason, and prayers for his family.

Johanna

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and your loss. My prayers and deepest sympathy to the family and you. Sounds like the Lord took a very special person home.

I'm really sorry, how heartbreaking I'm nearly in tears just reading about it... I'm glad he is resting in peace and doesn't have to go through anymore pain or misory. Just remember, you'll see him again someday.

I can't imagine what his family is going through, prayers will definetly be sent.

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend, Jason. *cries* It sounds like he was suffering so much, and now as you say that has ended. I'll pray you y'all and his family. God bless.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Rest in peace, Jason. How nice that his kitty was able to be with him at the end. Another star shines in the sky tonight, Laura, for you and Jason's family. It'll be that one that twinkles just so, like laughter for your heart.

Dear Laura ~

My Sympathies to You and Jason's Family (including David, the Cat).

Rest In Peace, Jason.

/s/ Phred

Laura I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you and his family as well.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

How very sad to hear about your friend Laura. Even though it's hard, he's definitely in a better place now.
    My condolences to his family.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Laura, my condolences.

A late friend of mine had a young son who was also a hemophiliac...he had a transfusion at a young age...they said he'd live til 11, he made it to 13.

It is horrible and stupid and tragic...God bless him and his parents, and his family. Jason is at peace now...

Thank God for his friends, like you and Jack....and David!

hugs
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda