View Poll Results: What do you think of hunting.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hunt for sport and the chalenge in it.

0 0%
  • I dont do it at all its horrible and crewl.

24 72.73%
  • I hunt but I use the hole animal not just for fur and only take so many animals.

9 27.27%
  • I do it for clothing and carpets and hats and money.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of hunting?

What do you think of hunting?

Well for me I think its horrible but....

If you must hunt I think it should only be for food and using the HOLE animal or bird just like aboriginal's do they use the bones fur and the meat they dont just cut off the head or fur [Well at least the traditional ones that are not in it for the money].Ppl who do it just for the head or fur they got problems thats a horrible way for an animal do die it should only be ment for food not for a purse.

Ppl say its for sport or for fun that is the most stupid reason for hunting I have ever heard or better just stop hunting.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'm sortof all over the place with how I feel about hunting. I mean, I've gone fishing before, and, plan to again. Even if I don't keep the fish, I know the fish might die after I've hooked it and thrown it back in. Fishing is relaxing, even though I've only caught three maybe in my whole life. It's no different, really, then hunting deer for sport, so, I kind of feel hypocritical in that aspect. But, I don't have a problem with most hunting, if there's more to it than just mounting a trophy head or having the entire animal stuffed and displayed. If the animal is going to feed someone, I don't see a real issue with it. It's not really a lot different (in my opinion) in that aspect than raising livestock to be butchered for human consumption, and, I certainly eat my fair share of meat from livestock like chickens and cows. I do have a problem with hunting endangered species, and, I detest canned hunts. So, like I said, I'm sorta all over the place.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

My husband and most men in my family hunt. I see nothing wrong with it. We eat quite a bit of deer meat, and IMO it is more humane than commercial meat. I'm not into fur, or hunting just for sport, but if we didn't hunt deer we would be overrun with them.

fishing doesn't strike me as cruel....... hunting does. the hunters say it is to keep the population of animals down but i don't know....... why kill a deer or anything just for fun???? I mean if you ask me deer meat doesn't taste good but that is just MO. but some people see it as fun so...... I mean some things sure can be killed that is the purpose and yes people can and do kill things but there is nothing fun about killing anything...... But imagine being a dear an innocent deer walking through the forest and then getting shot at. gee how nice! It is very confusing!

Its like there are too many ppl on this earth destroying it what are we gona do start shooting humans!!? [Altho it has started]

I don't want to start an arguement, just an opinion I understand where you are coming from, an innocent deer getting shot, but how many innocent deer get hit by cars every year? I have seen them hit by cars, not dead yet, dragging themselves off to die a slow death. And as I said before, it is much more humane than commercial meat.

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I don't want to start an arguement, just an opinion I understand where you are coming from, an innocent deer getting shot, but how many innocent deer get hit by cars every year? I have seen them hit by cars, not dead yet, dragging themselves off to die a slow death. And as I said before, it is much more humane than commercial meat.
    well see if this makes sense then plenty of dear die by getting hit by cars. and that was accident shooting one is not. but I thank you for standing up calmly for your opinion and not creating some big stir.

I absolutely despise hunting and am SO glad it is banned over here now. The RSPCA is still working to get a complete ban on hunting with a shotgun too, and maybe when I am older I will help. I remember watching a programme about people who used to boycott fox-hunts. They took an undercover camera, and the things they had to go through, it was awful. Huntsmen beat them up, rode their horses at them, hit them with their riding whips... it goes on and on, and still these brave people continued to campaign against the hunt. I felt so angry and I would have loved to have helped those people. Chasing a fox, rabbit, deer or anything that has a heart beating inside, until it collapses with exhaustion and is ripped apart whilst still alive by dogs, purely for the pleasure of 'the jolly hunt' is sick and barbaric. How anyone can watch an animal die, whether for food or pleasure, is completely beyond me. I get very touchy on this subject.

Zimbabwe 07/13

things aren't that bad here but still......

My answer was not listed as an option.

I do not hunt (hope to some day though) and I do not find anything wrong with it as long as you use the animal. I do not like people who hunt JUST for the sport of it.
    I do fish though and keep the ones that I am able to eat as long as they are in season. I also do not like people who fish JUST for the sport of it.
    Last edited by lv4dogs; 06-09-2006 at 12:17 PM. Reason: correct spelling, lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I hunt for the HOLE animal not just to kill or for fur.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedragon
    I hunt for the HOLE animal not just to kill or for fur.
    Whole!

(should be spelled that way in the options too) lol
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

My husband and most men in my family hunt. I see nothing wrong with it. ........ I'm not into fur, or hunting just for sport, but if we didn't hunt deer we would be overrun with them.
    I agree 100%!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

My husband and most men in my family hunt. I see nothing wrong with it. We eat quite a bit of deer meat, and IMO it is more humane than commercial meat. I'm not into fur, or hunting just for sport, but if we didn't hunt deer we would be overrun with them.
    I also agree. Seems as if the last few years they have been allowing more deer premits per person &/or extending the hunting season because there are just way too many deer here. (and believe it or not, in the areas I am speaking of no real major developement has happened in a long long time).

I find it ironic when people who eat meat from the grocery store find hunting cruel. Factory farms (where most grocery store meat is from) is often 100x more cruel than hunting, since hunters kill animals who have lived a natural life, while factory farms raise animals in less than perfect environments. I'm not saying that anyone here has claimed this since I don't know who is and isn't a vegetarian, but I'm just sayin'

I don't find hunting cruel. Used to, but now that I have learned a bit more about it I don't. We would be overrun by certain animals (particularly deer) if it weren't for hunters. This in turn means there would be lack of food - animals would starve - if it weren't for people hunting. Also, since it is more humane than factory farming, I prefer for people to hunt their meat rather than getting it from the grocery store.

Now, hunting for sport or fur is cruel in my opinion. Killing for meat, well that's part of the food chain, but killing for any other reason is just dumb and inhumane.