Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Choking Game

The Choking Game

Has anyone heard of this in the news lately? I've heard a lot about it and reciently the horribleness of it has hit close to home. A good friend of mines niece died yesterday while playing the choking game. Frankly I can't understand its appeal.

Thoughts on this would be aprciated. I really don't understand it myself.

I saw this on the oprah show recently, honestly i am beside myself as to why people are turning to such bizarre behaviour, what on earth is wrong with things today, that they find these type of things fun to do , often with serious consquences, i just fail to understand it completely.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I've heard about it. I don't get it either. Is that supposed to be FUN?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I find it odd that its just NOW hitting the public eye.

Waaaaayyyy back in the early 80's, my classmates would do the choking game during recess. This was in 6th grade. The apparently played at home too. I told them they were STUPID. and they deemed me a geek.... ahhhh, such started my long spiral into geekdom

A few years later, my rbother had a friend die on mother's day while playing the choking game. Such a great mother's day gift, eh?

This isn't new. Its still as dumb to me as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    I've heard about it. I don't get it either. Is that supposed to be FUN?
    Death is by no means my favorite fun thing to do!! Yeesh. I know it isn't anything new, I knew kids who played when I was in middle school. I think though now enough people have suffered losses due to it and are trying to raise awareness so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

what is the choking game?

Quote Originally Posted by jackie
    what is the choking game?
    Basically, it's where someone "chokes" another person to where they pass out (to the point of unconsciousness) and it creates a "high" for them as they are waking up.

I have heard it also been called Space Monkey, Space Cowboy, Suffocation Roulette, and a few others.

It is a VERY dangerous and stupid game. My family knows a few people who have been affected by it. People really need to find other hobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Basically, it's where someone "chokes" another person to where they pass out (to the point of unconsciousness) and it creates a "high" for them as they are waking up.

I have heard it also been called Space Monkey, Space Cowboy, Suffocation Roulette, and a few others.

It is a VERY dangerous and stupid game. My family knows a few people who have been affected by it. People really need to find other hobbies.
    Are people charged with murder if someone dies? What about attempted murder?

This is just so sad. Whatever happened to kick the can and monopoly? Those poor families.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Since its a game popular with kids, usually (at least from the cases I've seen) people haven't pressed charges. There are a few cases where parents have sued...but nothing criminal I think (someone correct me if I'm mistaken)

ive never even heard or seen anything about this "game". (THANK GOD) this is all new to me. i dont know if its my age or where i live, but i dont know
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

We all did that a few years back, did it once, never again.

Its shows how stupid some ppl can realy be pffftt!! I can't belive kids are playing this game its not even a game its just stupid.

Nothing is fun when you take chances with your life I never heard of a game like this in my hole life grrr who ever invented this game is fudged up!!!

I knew it was a sexual act (freaky eh?), but didn't know it was a game too.. Damn.. Why are people so stupid?

I saw this on Dr.Phil it actually made me sick to my stomach there were these girls in their teens they would do it to each other then watch as their friends convulsed and moaned laughing at them until they woke up

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRetrLuver

Seriously?!? WOW! I had NO idea. I hate to sound like an old fuddy-duddy (at age 37!) ... but what is WRONG with some of these kids today?!? Some of my son's school-mates do the most bizarre, horrible things. There seems to be NOTHING these days that is taboo. Scary.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien