Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anna hit by car..

Anna hit by car..

Hey guys.. really bad news.. Anna got hit by a car earlier today, but good news.. she is home now, resting. She's very drugged, and I don't think she knows who I am.. for now.. at least.. gosh, that dog scared the hell out of me. She escaped from the front door, and my mom's friends tried to go after her, and as they kept calling her, bang! A guy hits her, but fortunately, the guy stops and tries to help. He felt really bad. Thank god that he isn't one of those people who'd just leave an animal behind. Anyway, Anna has no broken bones, so she is lucky, she has two legs that are bandaged up. (Right front leg and left back leg). I am so fortunate to still have Anna in my life. She is young, about 5 years old. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her. She could have been killed.. when I first heard the news, I scoffed at it, and didn't believe it, until it sunk in, and I realized that this was real! So.. this is my first experience of having a dog being struck by a car.. I'm staying really close to Anna and checking on her every minute, making sure she's alright and everything. Any tips you guys would want to give me, I'd be glad if you had something to help out Amy made me a picture of a mini-college of Anna, hehe, AMY - if you're reading this, thank you! I love it. I'm going to post it up here for you guys to see. That made me feel better. I'll inform on the updates of Anna.. I'll let you know more tomorrow. - Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Picture Amy made for me.. - Rachel
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I am so sorry to hear about your pretty anna.. I am sooooo glad she is well and at home resting
    Give her a soft kiss on that pretty face for me

Melissa & Presley

Oh no Rachel! Oh how terrifying!! Thank God that Anna is alright. Poor Anna Did the vet say the injuries to her legs were soft tissue injury? Cuts and lacerations??? The important thing is to keep her quiet and let her rest. Her body and mind have gotten quite a shock. Will the Dr. be checking her again soon? I guess he is confident that there were no internal injuries. I would just keep an extra close eye on her the next few days. After the medication has worn off you can judge all of her "vitals" better. Make sure she is eating, especiallly that she is drinking, peeing, check her poop (and pee) for any blood, any signs of increased pain, lethary. If you think she is at all showing signs of distress, call the vet right away. Please give sweet Anna lots and lots of gentle kisses on her eyelids from me, Star and Cody! Poor, brave girl!! Sleep well sweetie and snuggle close to your Mommy!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I'm so sorry about Anna. I don't have any experience in this matter so I can't offer any advice, but it sounds like Sandra has it covered. I will be praying that Anna makes a speedy recovery. It pains me to imagine the terror she must be going through. Hold tight to the blessing that she is still with you though. I'm sure all of us will hold our babies just a little closer tonight while we think of poor Anna.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Hello again.. to answer your questions, really DEEP lacerations.. she is resting a lot right now, I will definitely keep my eye on her really close this weekend.. She'll be going back to the vet tomorrow afternoon.. I guess the doctor is satisified about how things are right now.. tomorrow, she just wants to check if everything is doing alright. She still has an IV in her front right leg.. so the doctor will take that out tomorrow.. I hope things will be okay in the next few days.. - Rachel

Rachel, I'm so sorry about Anna :[ But it's good shes ok! Keep up updating and tell her I said to get better ;] When I was younger my dog Ruf got hit by a car too. I don't remember it, but my mom said all she heard was car break screaching and a dog yelp. All that he had wrong was something with his back leg and had to get part of his tail removed..so thats why its curved. He was fine after that and never chased cars again. Give her a hug and kiss for me when shes feeling better?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

So sorry to hear about Anna's accident but, happy that she is ok.
    I had a dog that got hit by a car many many years ago and I was a wreck with worry. Sounds like you have (and are) doing all the right things for her. What about going potty? My dog couldn't make it up and down the steps to pee so I put newspaper down on top of a plastic table cloth and he finally went on it.
    I hope you both can sleep tonight and try not to worry.

Sorry to hear Anna was hit by a car. I know that scared sinking feeling. Glad she is OK. Please keep us updated on how she's doing. Poor Baby. Hugs to you both.

Oh I'm so sorry about Anna. What kind of injury's does she have? Iris got hit by a car about 2 or 3 years ago. Her hip popped out of the socket and they couldn't get it to stay in and she had to have surgery. . .

I hope Anna gets better soon and none of her injuries are permanent.

As for right now, Anna has deep lacerations cuts on her legs.. that's all the injuries are. She's lucky, no broken bones. I think she can pee, she can walk around, but, she's getting around slowly. She's a strong girl. - Rachel

How scary that must have been! Glad that Anna will recover. I hope she gets well quick!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Anna at a much needed rest.

Heres the sweet baby girl resting. I'm glad shes ok but just by looking at this picture makes me sad

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Poor Anna! I'm glad she's doing ok. I know that must have been scary. Give her a hug and a kiss from us all.

OMG!!! i am so sorry for dear anna...but i am glad that so far she is o.k....
    sandra gave excellent advise......ck. and monitor vital signs for next 72 hours.....porr,poor baby...you must have been out of your mind!!!!!let us know how she does at the vet today!!!!!!!
    hugs and prayers for you both!!!!
    and when she gets better a nice juicy bone!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids