Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's Willy? er, WHO is Willy?? LOL

Where's Willy? er, WHO is Willy?? LOL

He is a FOSTER dog. He is NOT staying! = my new mantra, lol!

Thursday morning, Dad and I took a drive to another part of the state and picked up Willy, from the town animal shelter, for Small Paws Rescue.

Willy had been purchased from a breeder as a pup, by an older couple. Over time, they did not remain ALPHA to him, and he became bossy, a bit of a tyrant. They couldn’t handle him anymore and delivered him to the pound about 2 weeks back. Willy growls if you want him to do something he doesn't want to do. I just growl back at him, and we have a meeting of the minds, lol!

Willy is a 7 year old neutered male, with the great bichon smile and personality to go with it! He has now been to the vet and to the groomer (I have been VERY busy! LOL) and he must be feeling lots better! He does have some health issues, he is on antibiotics and all should clear up within a month.

“The Shaggy Dog” ha haa. Actually, when he was delivered to the shelter, his eyes were all crusted over and closed. The staff applied ointment 3 times per day, and his eyes were open though still covered in crust when I picked him up.

Smiling boy.

When he arrived at the shelter, his entire rear was covered in urine and feces. Shelter staff shaved him down to help with healing. He has a bit of a “Chinese Crested” look from the rear, especially with the “bell bottom” feet they left on him!

The one thing which will take a bit more than a month to correct: Willy is a “pudgy wudgy!” At 24.5 pounds, he is 6 to 8 pounds over weight! He still considers himself a lap dog, and he “pins” you down!

Bichon face, lol!

He spent more time in my Dad’s lap than in mine, as I was busy with mowing the lawn, preparing meals, phoning vet and groomer to set up appointments, doing one load of laundry, and reporting to the rescue on his status.

Shh, Willy is sleeping!

More photos coming up!

Back from the vet, she cleared out all the crust and clipped all the hair and lashes around and in his eyes. The groomer will tend to the rest of the shaggy ‘do.

My groomer fit us in first thing this morning, as she is always willing to help rescue a pup. Look at this beautiful boy!

Outside, with Tasha in the back.

Naturally he still has the shaved rear; but the good news is: HAIR GROWS!!!

REMEMBER: He is a FOSTER DOG. He is NOT STAYING!!! LOL

Bit more info, next post.

Willy was 5 years of age when he was neutered. He was hilarious to sleep with last night. Not that I slept much! He wants to snuggle, to lick face, and to have belly rubs. Speaking of belly rubs, the silly boy rolled over for one while on the exam table at the vet’s!

He is a wonderful pup, should be easy to place. He WILL need a strong owner, who can maintain Alpha position. We may recommend that the new owners take a positive reinforcement obedience class, to help with bonding and to ensure he knows who is boss.

This is the first “new” arrival since Tasha came home in early March, 2009. Since then, Tasha has been the focus of my attention. Suddenly, someone else needs me more. She is NOT pleased! Tasha is not quite ready to jump up and sit in my lap. That does not mean she wants HIM there! This may just be the impetus she needs to move her the next step, lol.

Lacey, being “Mommy’s Girl,” is quite bent out of shape and sulking. I am making huge efforts to give her my attention, which she gladly welcomes. But any time I have to work with Willy, her head and tail drop and she slowly leaves the room. Awwwww.

Marlin – aka Starvin’ Marlin, my chow hound -- could care less, just as long as he gets his food!

Sugar has already made it clear to Willy that he is NOT to come too close to her. Having been an only child, Willy is learning what it means to SHARE!

Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom

Aww, Willy! You are in good hands now! Look how much better you look after a visit to the vet and the groomer! I hope you feel better too I hope you will go to a family who can set up a good alpha relationship with you, and then you will have a happy forever life.

Tasha, Lacey, Sugar, sweet loves, please be patient with Willy. He just needs more of mom's time right now. She has enough love for all of you and in case she runs out she can always get more from all your fans on Pet Talk!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

He looks so much better, cleaner and most of all happier in the "after" pictures. All he needs are some manners, and he'll get adopted in no time!
    I've Been Frosted

He is so cute!! And he looks so handsome after his grooming appointment.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Before I comment on Willie, I must say, that you are my hero.
    My God! I barely get ONE thing done, let alone, driving with dad to get Willie, making appointments, going to appointments, doing laundry, making meals and dealing with the entire brood, one on one! Oh, AND mowing the lawn, least I forget THAT!

I'm exhausted and ready for a nap!

Thanks you for the beautiful pictures! Your dad looks great and Willie took a liking to him! He is adorable!

I am muttering under my breath of course...something about "not staying". Ahem. But I know with your awesome influence and experience, Willie will find a super, loving home!

I've been Boooo'd!

He is a FOSTER DOG. He is NOT STAYING!!! LOL
    yeah yeah... you keep saying that.. lol

seems like he just found his fave spot.. your Dad´s lap.. hehe...

and let me tell you what a change.. he looked very cute.. and now after grooming he looks equally cute just whiter and you can see he´s happy..

he´ll adjust just fine.. he seems to be doing well so far.. so.. welcome Willy!!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Karen, lol, most days around here are crazy and full. I guess I don't even realize sometimes how much I am doing!

Willy DOES have some health issues which we are working on. Bichons are prone to allergies, yeast and staph infections. All of which result in skin rashes and itchiness. He has a yeast infection making his skin very sore. With a major change in his diet, plus meds to deal with the current flare up, I am hoping to get this under control.

^

Willy is adorable! He's a lucky guy to end up being a foster in your home!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

hey.. now your siggy will have even columns
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Oh, you two! LOL

I think he looks like he fits in smashingly. He totally transformed from the groomers!!! He also looks like he was dragged across his bum on the ground because his hair is missing. :-P He's a cutie patootie
    Monica Callahan KPA-CTP *Woohoo!*

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Welcome Willy. You sure did manage to get yourself in a wonderful place.

He's adorable Sandie. Isn't it amazing what a trip to the groomer can do? He's such a handsome boy. Dad seems to be the official welcoming committee again.

Maybe Marlin Darlin will convince him to stay and be his brother, since he has all sisters now...........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

His whole look changed after the grooming. Before he looked unsure - with the groom he looks happy. There is nothing like a bichon smile. Their whole body smiles.