Thread: Asking for help then doing nothing.

Hybrid View

Asking for help then doing nothing.

Just a rant. Why do people create threads asking for help and for one reason or another do nothing?

There have been a few of these and frankly I would rather not have to worry about an animal in trouble when no advice is taken, no action taken, etc.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom
    Just a rant. Why do people create threads asking for help and for one reason or another do nothing?

There have been a few of these and frankly I would rather not have to worry about an animal in trouble when no advice is taken, no action taken, etc.
    I know what you mean, but there are circumstances in certain situations which are often understandable.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Miss Z, in RARE situations, I would agree. However, not most of the time. I think people just like the drama. Yes, even when it comes to animals. Some people just have to have drama in their lives, or play the victim "I can't do anything about it..." usually followed by tons of back tracking.

As I have said before, most of these people that Casey's mom is ranting about can/do whatever they like in 90 million other situations. But, all of a sudden, "oh, I can't do this/that/anything". Makes me furious, AND, doesn't bode well for that individual.

It is ALL about personal accountability/responsibility.

Too much time on their hands

I agree about the drama and pathetic "problems" some of the folks here have......but we all live in this world, together, and we all have our own little "basket of issues". I don't know about anyone else, but I will keep my "basket of issues" if you will keep yours (collectively)!.... So I am going to tolerate everyone's little problems, issues, whatevers and just not read the threads that bore me to tears!

We all love it here at Pet Talk. We come here for all different reasons. That's what makes it so interesting!

I am trying to be kind with this post....and not ugly. I apologize if I have offened anyone. Who knows, I could be one of the folks driving the others nuts!

Sasvermont, you express yourself so well, or perhaps it's just because I often agree with you.

Well, I suppose most of us have posted threads which were a nuisance to others, but some do it quite often! They have this urge to create drama and exposing their lives to all of PT. Every petty little detail! Are you aware how many can read what you say? The whole wide world!

Yes, many of us feel like we're part of a family, and that's really nice, but still, I think some things should be kept private.

The worst is if someone asks for advice/help, and then 20 people give advice, but the person can't be bothered to do anything about the situation.

I am guilty of reading some of these threads myself, but after a while, you know which to open and which not.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

SAS and Randi,
    Well, as usually the case, I agree with the two of you.

I am certainly not without my own basket of issues. Shoot, sometimes it seems like a wheelbarrow full! (Not really, LOL.)

I think what the OP was referring to was the "My world is falling in, I might die, I can't handle it"....and all of our thoughtful and helpful replies, and their "Nope", "Won't work cause...", or just plain avoidance of any sort of help.

Lots of people in this world are so full of this victim mentality, and refusal to take any sort of responsibility for the mess they are in.

If I ask for help, I take the advice. But, I am a doer, not much of a complainer, and subscribe to the theory of 'swim, or get out of the water'.