Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Asking for help then doing nothing.

Zara,

I truly admire your maturity. You are wise beyond your years. I also get very frustrated by certain people who beg for advice then don't take it. There have been situations where I have gone out of my way to offer assistance in placing a cat that needs rehoming, or, trying to get them help in their area with the many contacts I have.I've gotten my hopes up about taking in a new kitty, only to have my hopes dashed by lies and insincerity. It is people like that I will never trust again, and will not respond to any of their future posts.

Summing up what Cataholic posted, I can too say, "Been there, done that." Growing up, my father always told me that while I may not understand why he does the things he does NOW, I'd understand when I had kids of my own. I'll be damned, he was right! Would I want to be a kid in this day and age? Heck no. It was hard enough for me to get through MY childhood in the 50's and 60's.

I only wish that some of the other "younger PTers" had the maturity and wisdom that you have, Zara. I want you to know that it's a real pleasure having you around here.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    and 60's.

I only wish that some of the other "younger PTers" had the maturity and wisdom that you have, Zara. I want you to know that it's a real pleasure having you around here.

Aw Donna, thank you so much, that really made my heart glow today. And I want YOU to know it's fantastic having you here too!

((( BIG HUG! )))

Zimbabwe 07/13

I hope you are not refering to me as one "who asks for help then does nothing." When I wrote about giving up my cats, I was stating a fact, not asking for help. It really suprised me that so many people were interested in it.

I did take some advice too; Felicia was going to be pts, instead she has been rehomed.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Felicia - I know who she means, and it WASN'T you! Farthest thing from it!

hugs
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Felicia,

Catty1 is right, it was NOT you, believe me!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

I am one of the people who has done this.But Emmy did go to Kari who has written me and told me she is doing well.Pumpkin did stay with us.There was bad words said and i am sorry for that.
    The airplane thing was just to much money.We pay 1,300 something for rent not counting water when we use to pay 800 something and that counted water,plus put a 300 down for Zippy at the start,and also we still pay for all of Bandit's needs(our old dog that know lives with my grandparents)

plus we know Pumpkin would have hurt her cats
    Last edited by Zippy; 07-04-2006 at 03:19 PM.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Quote Originally Posted by gina's ark inc.
    but anyway, while nothing is personal to me anymore, I don't know if I should apologize for my "dramatic" threads - those are way different than from threads whose did not asked for help and then being bombarded with advices, especially advices they weren't hoperfully looking for. not most people think that before they read numerous of advices/ideas in a thread and that drives me ticky also.

a little off topic probably, but thought some of you had to realize that too for others.
    Well, this is probably the other side of the same coin. Yet, I'm curious as to why someone would even post, if they didn't want advice, input, or comments. If I make a suggestion, it is not because I feel I know the answer, but simply care enough to take the time to share what has been the benefit of my experience in what seems like a similar situation. If ten different suggestions are given and one is helpful, then the whole of the respondents' efforts are worthwhile.

Sometimes even if advice doesn't seem to be acted on, it can give the recipient the benefit of another perspective, which may never have been considered. That can be stored away and given other experiences may be part of what is utilized in thinking something out on another occasion.

I try to give thought to my posts and how I state them, and my last intention is to ever hurt anyone's feelings but I simply do not have time to waste. There was a column in today's paper that had a statement which I feel is quite applicable: *People who are telling themselves what they want to hear are uniquely unreceptive to hearing anything else.*

If people posting here do not want input or advice, maybe they should clearly state that in their thread.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I'm probably one of these people, and I guess it's because I'm a truly stubborn person, and I really don't think before I act.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    I'm probably one of these people, and I guess it's because I'm a truly stubborn person, and I really don't think before I act.
    She said NOT to say it was you...she wasnt saying who it was I dont get why you have to think that when someone says something negative its always about you...
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    She said NOT to say it was you...she wasnt saying who it was I dont get why you have to think that when someone says something negative its always about you...
    I don't always do that, and I was never assuming this was about me.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Buttercup,

I sensed an attitude there. Lighten up, will ya?? What's done is done. No, Roxylovesme, it's not you. It WAS Zippy, if you followed the whole Pumpkin fiasco.