Thread: Whoa. That was close. *heart beating fast*

Whoa. That was close. *heart beating fast*

I was playing with Soni a few minutes ago and he got his head stuck in the back of the chair that he was sitting on. It's an older wooden chair that is right next to the swivel one that I'm sitting in. He started to flail and I jumped up, grabbed a hold of his body, and said, "Sweetheart! SONI!" and that got his attention. He tried to move his head, gagged a little, and tried to freak out again. I held him still and got worried because I couldn't figure out how to get his head out even though it obviously fit *somewhere* if it got in. I just had to move him up to the top where the opening is wider. Whew. Now, he is on the ground next to me after receiving kissing and pats. I was so worried that he was going to injure his neck.

Here is a crappy little drawing I did on paint to show you. The arrow is pointing to the space he got stuck.

How is your heart holding up? Mine would have been in my throat - good job getting him unstuck.

But, did he learn his lesson? I doubt it - keep an eye on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by gini
    How is your heart holding up? Mine would have been in my throat - good job getting him unstuck.

But, did he learn his lesson? I doubt it - keep an eye on that one!
    It is better. Thankfully this did not spur about one of those episodes that I have. Thank you!

I doubt it, as well. He is back on the chair again. He's a bad seed sometimes.

I would have been so scared! I'd would have had to go grab my nitros afterward!

Have you thought about putting a throw over it? Or if it's not very wide you could use a pillow case to slide over the back. I know that sounds tacky but you know that saying, "Out of sight, out of mind."

Quote Originally Posted by MsLadyLyn
    I would have been so scared! I'd would have had to go grab my nitros afterward!

Have you thought about putting a throw over it? Or if it's not very wide you could use a pillow case to slide over the back. I know that sounds tacky but you know that saying, "Out of sight, out of mind."
    Heh, I will talk to my in laws about just putting it in the closet where the cats cant get to it. However, you idea is awesome.