Thread: Bleach - the new catnip?!!!

Bleach - the new catnip?!!!

Does the smell of bleach send anyone else's cat mad?

I had been cleaning the bathroom and after washing my hands I still had the smell of bleach on them. When Pickle came over to see me she started rubbing her face over my hands and trying to bite my fingers! She is normally really placid and has never bitten anyone.

She doesn't like the smell of citrus fruit either but bleach seems to really set her off!

Yes, when I used to come home from swimming, my cat Tatty used to love to bury his head in my swim suit. The smell would drive him mad, he also used to sniff my hair to.

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Originally posted by Heather Wallace
    Yes, when I used to come home from swimming, my cat Tatty used to love to bury his head in my swim suit. The smell would drive him mad, he also used to sniff my hair to.
    Same here. Rudie is addicted to my swimsuit too! I thought it was just him. Even if I have this smell on me after a shower there (sometimes it's very hard to get rid of it) he goes nuts and can't get enough of my hands.

Same here! It makes bleaching the cutting boards a bit challenging. They don't seem to react quite as strongly as they did as kittens now. Does this behavior decrease as cats age, or am I getting used to it?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Glad to hear I'm not alone with the bleach-mad cat! I taken to keeping the bathroom door firmly shut - I'm worried she'll climb in the loo or something!

(btw, pictures of the Pickle monster are on a web link in my user profile! She's not much of an outdoor cat which is why she looks so freaked out stood on the neighbours fence...)

Originally posted by Pickle
    ... (btw, pictures of the Pickle monster are on a web link in my user profile! She's not much of an outdoor cat which is why she looks so freaked out stood on the neighbours fence...)
    Pickle is so adorable! So many lovely photos. I think my favorite is where she is cuddled next to the big pink toy cat. Though examining the violets was precious, too. Did you take the photos yourself?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Thank you AmberLee; yes we took all the photos ourselves. Whenever there's a camera film to be used up poor little Pickle gets follwed around the house 'til she does something cute - we don't usually have to wait too long! Although I think our friends are pretty fed up with them by now!!!

Originally posted by Pickle
    ... Although I think our friends are pretty fed up with them by now!!!
    I find that's one of the many blessings of Pet Talk. There always seems to be someone willing to 'oh and ah' over the latest snapshot or cute anecdote that just leaves friends and co-workers cold...

AWWWW PICKLE IS SOOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!1
    My favorite one is her laying on the floor sniffing the flowers... what a pretty baby!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

IN LOVING MEMORY OF EBONY THE RABBIT - 12 November 2001 - 29 May 2002.

What happened to poor Ebony?
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Originally posted by tuxluvr
    ...What happened to poor Ebony?
    Ebony had a heart attack during her spaying op. Details here . Although they are making great progress with the state of surgery, bunsters are more delicate than I had realized.