Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Found a dog-Edited: He's been reunited with his owner

Found a dog-Edited: He's been reunited with his owner

Ginger and I went out for our evening walk last night and found a sweet little beagle boy walking in the street (yes I do mean in the street, not down the street), by himself. There isn't a ton of traffic in our development, but at that time people are coming home from work so it isn't the best idea. Anyway, a lady walking her poodle and I were able to coax him over to the sidewalk, and found he did have tags. His name is Copper, and his phone number is from a town about 10 miles away. We were able to get Copper to follow Ginger and I home, he came right in when I opened the door. I did call the number on his tag, but got an answering machine. I left my home and cell number and we all went back out and walked around the neighborhood for about an hour hoping to see someone walking around looking for him. No luck. No phone call either. I also notified my local police in case anyone calls them. He is a very very nice boy. Neutered, housebroken, well-behaved (although a big pig, I have never seen a dog gobble food as quickly and with as much gusto as he does), and just generally a really nice dog. I sure hope his family calls this morning. I am not sure what I am going to do with him when I go to work today. I am sure they must miss him; this is a dog who has been loved and well cared for. Oh well, I just thought I would share. May get some pictures of him later if I don't hear from his family-but I would rather hear from his family.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 05-25-2006 at 07:36 PM.

Good for you for helping Copper! I hope his owners call soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

That's so nice that you stopped and helped Copper. Good Job! I hope the owners call. How is Ginger getting along with him?

Great job Joyce and Ginger!! I hope you find Copper's owner Joyce. Surely, you'll hear from his frantic owner soon Best of luck!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Oh, Joyce, I am so glad you were able to rescue this pup. Ten miles away is a significant distance. Don't you wish he could relate what happened? Definitely this story is one *to be continued*.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I'm happy you were able to rescue him as well... It really annoys me when I see so many loose dogs in my neighborhood. we are a busy enough town and I don't feel like being a witness to a dog being seriously injured.. Even all the cats that are loose here..
    Dakota(BirthDate March 4th 2006)

I hope his owners call! I wonder how he managed to get so far away?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom
    He is a very very nice boy. Neutered, housebroken, well-behaved (although a big pig, I have never seen a dog gobble food as quickly and with as much gusto as he does),
    Oh Joyce, this poor boy has probably missed a meal or two I bet. Being ten miles from home and so hungry makes me think he has been away from home for quite a while. Thank you so much for taking him in, although I would have not imagined you doing anything else. My Ripley was a stray, as many of you know, and fortunately wound up in a shelter where I found him rather than hit by a car or starved to death.

I hope you hear from his owners soon. In the meantime I bet Ginger is enjoying her new buddy.

poor beagle boy. he was probably scared to death. i hope you can find his owners. being 10 miles from home he may have been dumped.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Awww, Joyce, how great of you to take Cooper in. But why wouldn't you? You have a heart the size of Texas! I sure hope his family calls you for him. Hopefully they haven't called because they're out looking for him.

How is Ginger getting along with him? What will you do in the event his owners don't call?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Well, I am at work and I still haven't heard anything. Copper is gated in my kitchen. I think it would actually have been alright to leave him loose, he is that good, but I didn't want to take any chances. He tried to mount Ginger twice, but after the second time when she came pretty close to taking his nose off, he learned his lesson. They pretty much ignore each other, although Ginger is a little jealous when he gets attention. My thought is maybe someone in my neighborhood was watching the dog for a friend/relative who is away, and he got out, and that is how he ended up so far from home. Anyway I called the Community House Office for our neighborhood and left a message (on an answering machine ) for the manager telling her if anyone is looking for the dog I have him, and asking if anyone with the owners last name lives in the area. Will call the shelter when it opens. Poor Copper I am trying to keep him out of the shelter, but he may end up there. I can't keep him right now, because when we get back from this weekend I am watching Sammy (pomeranian) for ten days. In my little condo that is enough. We still have two days to find his family.

I hope his owners are missing him and are calling around/looking for him!!
    (My Aunt has a Beagle named Copper too!)
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Joyce how sweet of you to take this well mannered little guy in! I'm hoping that his family will come and claim him soon.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Poor boy... Hope he can be home again with his family soon!
    How sweet from you that you're taking care of him...
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Joyce, thanks for helping little Cooper and I too hope his family calls.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant