Thread: I need help

I need help

Okay, those of you with super-cool digital camera who take all those close-up artsy pics of doggie noses and flowers and stuff... how do you do that without it being blurry? I just got a Canon PowerShot A-620 for my birthday and I'd really like to take pictures like that of my baby, Samantha, and the kitties.

Thank you!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I don't have that cool of a camera, but, I just catch Finn when he's still, that's the only "trick" I use to get pictures of his nose. I think I've used macro before, but, not usually. Can't wait to see the ones you get, practice makes perfect!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Your camera should have a macro setting, try that.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

You definately need a tripod! Its the BEST thing I ever got - it keeps the camera steady while taking those macro shots. I got mine for $20 at Sams club and its AWESOME. I can adjust the height and angle to anything I want.

What the heck does macro do?

Oh my gosh, this thing is SO much more complicated than my old one...

I tried the macro. It's a good feature but on my camera it seems to work best if I am further from the subject and zoom in. Makes a clearer photo.

Go to page 10 of your "Camera User Guide Basic" and it will show you how to use the Macro on your camera. Macro allows you to take pictures from as close as .4 inches. What that means is when you have the camera in Macro mode, you can get right in their face with the camera and the shot will still be focused. However, on my camera when in Macro mode, I can't use the Zoom feature or the picture will not be clear. If Zooming doesn't give you the closeup shot you want, go to the Macro feature. When I'm taking various shots and I then want to go to Macro, I turn the camera off, then turn it back on again and instantly put it in Macro mode. I do this to make sure any Zooming I've done has been cancelled out and my Macro shots will be clear.

Sounds way more complicated than it is.

To save you time, here's page 10 of your manual.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl