Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a pointless thread, but it made my day...

a pointless thread, but it made my day...

Last Thursday and today, I had a really tedious job to do for a customer. It was rather mind-numbing, repetitive and boring. But when he came to pick up his job, besides handing me a check for the total, he also handed me a thank you note, along with a gift certificate for the local pizza place. I was quite shocked and pretty blown away by it. Basically he thanked me for doing this "tedious task" and for the top-notch service.

So many times, jobs are done for little or no thanks, or any goof is loudly proclaimed. I appreciated this little token so much, and think that I am going to pass the favor on. Hmmm, maybe the guy that mows my lawn or the postman?

Pay it Forward... that is what that is called. That would be a nice thing to do, just pay it forward. Sure was nice of that person to be extra nice and make your day.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I had a simular thing happen the other day two of us were checking when another emplyee came with a mocha latte, smelled and looked so good we made comments about her sharing. about 10 mintues later a customer came back with one for each of us. it was so cool.
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Pay it forward is such a good thing to do that it keeps coming around and bumping you in the behind!

5. Awwwwww thats so sweet.

Restores your faith in human nature doesn't it? Pay it forward.......
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Isn't it a wonderful feeling??

I've had that happen several times when I worked at the post office. I always went the extra mile & every blue moon someone would say thank you with a gift or a kiss (lol an older Swedish man kissed my hand in thanks).

I did not realize exactly what Pay it Forward meant - I like it

That was such a sweet gesture - and a good reminder to the rest of us - just how appreciated this can be.....

I am also trying to think of what I can do....hmmm....there is the seetest lady at a bagel stand at the hospital where I always stop....I bet she would love a little card with a gift tucked inside

Thanks for posting cookiebaker

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    I did not realize exactly what Pay it Forward meant - I like it

That was such a sweet gesture - and a good reminder to the rest of us - just how appreciated this can be.....

I am also trying to think of what I can do....hmmm....there is the seetest lady at a bagel stand at the hospital where I always stop....I bet she would love a little card with a gift tucked inside

Thanks for posting cookiebaker
    Go see the movie called "Pay It Forward" its a GREAT movie & will make you cry your eyes out!

Not always a gift .....

Sometimes money or a gift is not what is called for.....sometimes, just an honest, positive comment makes all the difference in the world. I often thank someone more than once, for doing something - even what is expected.

I think just trying to be light hearted and pleasant is one way to assure that most of what comes out of your mouth is going to be positive and received by most as a compliment. I know it often takes lots of "never minding" to stay in that frame of mind, but it does work.

I loved this story.... I hope it brings out the best in everyone who reads it. Not that they NEED to have it brought out. Just a reminder.

Thanks Cookiebaker!

Pay it forward is a fantastic slogan (and reminds me of Jenny who never visits with us anymore).

SAS is right! A sincere note of thanks, of true appreciation, is very under rated!

Thanks, Cookiebaker.

Isn't it amazing how a little gratitude goes a long way? Look, because of your client's graciousness, now you are passing it on and so on and so forth.

I'm happy for you that your hard work, however tedious, was rewarded.

Kudos!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

cool!!!!!!!!!

We have a column in our local newspaper on Saturday that allows folks to thank others for their acts of kindness. Sometimes someone is thanking another person, a perfect stranger, for picking up their tab at a restaurant! It brings a smile to my face. Years ago, a friend and I were out to dinner, and there was a group of four, and we overheard them say they were out celebrating their graduation from college. We bought them a round of drinks and paid for their dinners! They came over to thank us and we asked them to just return the favor for others one day soon! That was what got me started with "pay it forward", and I try to do it as often as I can.

It is a wonderful thing, and can be as simple as a note of thanks, a can of soda, or a flower!

It brings a smile to your heart and makes you feel good all over!

That was nice.It is so nice when someone thanks you for a job well done and doesn't get mad at up of one little mess up.My family believes in that.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010