Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon's litter mate, Brandy, went to the Bridge today

Bourbon's litter mate, Brandy, went to the Bridge today

I feel like I've lost my Bourbon again. Brandy's been going downhill lately and my mom called me this morning. She wouldn't come in from outside. So I went over and tried to help her up the one back stair by lifting her hind end and she bit me in the face. Didn't break my glasses but I don't know how. She didn't mean it; she was just in such pain. Two vet techs came and got her from my mom's and took her to the vet. She couldn't even hold her head up and you could see the pain in her. We let her go at 2:15 p.m. I could almost feel Bourbon and her other friends at the Bridge there in the vet's office with us. She wasn't in a kennel, just in a large room with alot of activity, almost like her kitchen at home. She seemed at peace and ready to go on her own, so we just helped her. Pray for my mom and me. We miss her so already.

Brandy's wonderful brother, Bourbon, was waiting for her, Pepper....you have to know that. Bless her heart......it sounds like it was time for her to join him. Too bad our hearts can't simplify it the way words do.

Please express our sympathy to your mother, and know that we are praying for all of you, and thinking of you. You have had enough loss, my friend. I'm weeping with you and for you.

Logan

so sorry for your loss

{{you are in my thoughts}}

I'm very sorry to hear that Bourbon's sister Brandy
    was suffering to much. She is at Rainbow Bridge now,
    being happily welcomed by Bourbon & other pups over
    the bridge. You & your Mom will be in my thoughts and
    prayers. Liz.

Rest In Peace, Dear Brandy

Diane (Pepper) ~

I'm so sorry for you and Mom that Brandy passed on to the Rainbow Bridge today...

Bourbon will enjoy seeing his Sister and showing her around the Bridge.

And they'll both be waiting there at the Bridge to greet you and Mom when that time comes.

{{{Hugs}}} and Prayers for you and Mom.

/s/ Phred

I'm so sorry to hear this Diane. It must open some painful wounds for you. But I know that Bourbon is welcoming Brandy with outstretched paws, and that she is now free of pain and feeling your's and your mom's love. Please tell your mom that dog lovers around the world are celebrating the life of beautiful Brandy and keeping her in our thoughts and prayers. Your mom is very lucky to have a loving, understanding daughter such as you to support her. I will be thinking of you both, and of course, Brandy. What a brave girl. Bless you beautiful Brandy. All my love to you Diane. You know I think of you and Bourbon often. I have a picture of Bourbon that I keep by my computer. He was so special, and so brave. Love, Sandra, Star and Cody

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Diane, all of us here feel your pain. Please tell your Mom how sorry we are. The only consolation is that Brandy and Bourbon are reunited. I am so sorry! {{hug}}
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

sorry to hear, my thoughts are with you

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know Bourban and Shaianne and all the Rainbow Bridge babies were there to welcome her with open arms to the place where there is no pain, no hunger, no fences. {{hugs}} to you and your mom
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Diane,

I'm really sorry that you and your mom had to go through this so soon after Bourbon. I know how painful it is. My thoughts are with you all.

Sympathy is extended to you and your mom on the passing of Brandy. I pray that you both find peace in knowing she is pain free now and with her loving brother!

I'm so sorry, it's always hard to lose a loved one, even of the furry kind. Take care & know we'll always be here for you to lean on any time you need to.
    {{{{Hugs}}}} Anna, Angus & Roxey

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Diane: I'm so sorry to hear about Brandy, I know how hard it must be for you and your mom. But think of the great welcome she must have received from her dear brother Bourbon and all the other pups that will keep her company until you all meet again.
    My thoughts are with you.

"All men are created equal but none of them is equal to a dog." From the "Howard Huge" cartoon..

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've always heard that when people pass over, they are met by someone they knew or loved in life. It makes perfect sense that Bourbon would be there to show Brandy the way. I know how hard it is to let them go but at least Brandy is no longer in pain and playing with Bourbon at the Rainbow Bridge. When they want to rest, they have lots of angel laps to rest their heads in. I'll keep you and your mother in my prayers. Please be at peace.

I'am so sorry for your loss and my sympathy to you and your mother.