Thread: Diarrhea

Diarrhea

Hello all.
    My little boy's not doing so well. He's been having odd stools for a while now. Off and on for about a month. It hasn't been so bad that I thought we needed to call the vet just softer than usual. But today it was all liquid and had a little bit of what appeared to be blood. I called the vet and he said it was possibly due to stress on his colon. I could see that being as he has diapers and is carrying his body on the floor there. That and because we have to carry him a lot.. I can see where that'd happen. But he's still my baby and I hate seeing him like this. The look he gives me when he has an accident just breaks my heart. It's like he thinks he's done something wrong. But he can't even control his bowels so even when they're normal it's not his fault. Doesn't help however that my parents get so mad. And with the move and my grandparents wanting absolutely no messes... I'm a little stressed. [Not to mention I have exams next week.] Anyway.. at the moment he's sleeping.. protected by a training padded bed. Just wish there was something I could do for him. Mom's saying to keep him in the kitchen for the night... I hate doing that. I feel like I'm caging him up.. and I hate the look he gives me. But I may have to... I'll just have to turn on some his song [Baby Mine from Dumbo] I guess and hope he does ok. Well anyway, if anyone has suggestions for me on Bailey or advice on how to get stains out of carpets let me know. And please keep us in your prayers. Thanks.

ME AND BAILEY

I hope he is not getting dehydrated, will he drink, if so give him some pedilyte, and take him to the vet, can he have some thing to stop the diarrhea, like immodium. Poor baby, Joann

Hi Baileys' mom, I agree that you need to take her to the vet. Dehydration is nothing to waste time on. Their little bodies can get depleted very quickly.

Your vet can find the root of what is causing this problem and surely help her. Pedialyte is an excellent recommendation for hydration and replenishing her electrolytes.

Once her stools are back to normal, everyone in the household should be happier.

I have a litter of 3 girls. One of their names is also Bailey. I'm hoping your Bailey gets well soon. Please update with what the vet says.

Best Wishes Cha Cha

thanks to the both of you. he's still sleeping and his Nana's home now so he's content to sleep. he's deffinately fatigued though because he didn't move when she came home and usually he flies down the stairs to greet her. I hadn't thought of the pedialyte.. I'll deffinately try it. I'm going to take him into the vets in a day or so if things don't clear up. Right now I think I'm gonna get his blankie and put him to bed. See if he'll take some water too. Night all I'll update you tomorrow.

Oh he is absolutely adorable. I love shih tzus. Take him to the vet now. Give him pedialyte and keep him hydrated. {{{{prayers}}}} and {{{{hugs}}}}

Did your vet do a test for parasites? Take in a poop sample and have them do that. He may have intestinal parasites.

I hope that Bailey will be ok.

thank you all. well i got home awhile ago and he had been in the kitchen all day in case of accidents, i came in and there he was all happy to see me and cuddled and kisses. He wanted to go play outside so I took him out and let him walk for awhile. we came in a little bit ago and so far no messes. Just a happy little boy. I'm hoping it'll stay that way. He is eating very well. Water not so well but not extremely bad either. Just continue to pray for him. Thanks.

Try adding a tablespoon of canned pumpkin to his food.
    I've been BOO'd!