Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: What did your dog(s) eat today?

Breakfast:

Chicken Liver
    Tripe
    Kelp
    Supplements (Glucosamine)

For dinner they'll be getting:
    Turkey
    Egg
    Ground Flax Seed
    Yogurt

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Everyone had a chunk of beef brisket this morning.

The bulk of my dog's diet I buy at a dairy slaughter house nearby.

I buy a coarsly ground beef mix that is about 30% fat, and an organ meat mix that is kidney, tripe, heart and liver. I also buy bones at this place, knuckle bones and neck bones. The most I pay for anything is the organ meat that is .60 per lb.

I spend about $125.00 a month at this place feeding 3 adult Rottweilers. In addition, they get raw chicken, turkey, rabbit, canned fish, eggs, yoghurt and cottage cheese from time to time, and incidentals from the table and garden.

I supplement with 3 things from Nature's Farmacy http://www.naturesfarmacy.com

DogZyme's Ultimate vitamin and mineral supp
    DogZyme's CCM+ Super Bone and Joint Support supp
    DogZyme's CA calcium, specifically formulated to balance the meat in raw diets when adequate bone is not present.

I have dogs ranging in age from 2 years to 9+ years, and all are doing super on this regime.

Condition is important since I show and work my dogs, and am planning a breeding for late this year.

Champion and Obedience titled Rottweilers

ALWAYS owner handled and trained.
    I CARE ABOUT HEALTH SCREENING
    All remarks are my opinion only.

No part of this post may be copied, pasted, or forwarded without my express permission.
    Property of the original poster only.

Last night they all split a huge venison roast with some chicken organs.

This morning they just had a very light snack because of the very large meal last night, just 1-2 chicken feet each.

Tonight they will be having
    beef, venison, chicken organs & an egg w/ the shell
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Today they're going to have some beef tongue. I haven't gotten around to feeding them yet Been kind of a busy day.

I just cut up 2 turkeys! That was like, hell. =P I usually make my Mom cut them up, but everyone is gone, so I had to do it. I got really lazy and basically cut the turkey breasts off, then split the back & the chest, and I gave Gonzo a whole turkey back this morning. I think he'll be fasting tomorrow.

Gonzo ~
    Turkey back
    Fish oil
    Kelp
    Strawberry & Banana Frosty Paw

Fozzie ~
    Turkey neck
    Beef meat
    Fish Oil
    Kelp
    Tomatoes
    Strawberry & Banana Frosty Paw

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Chester had a turkey leg and an egg for breakfast, and he'll be getting a chicken back/neck for dinner.

Mountain Dog Beef Fruit & Veggie
    Kelp
    Glucosamine and shark cartilage (I give this to her everyday, I just keep forgetting to write it down lol. I'm determined that her puppies will have healthy joints)
    Bee pollen
    honey
    I've been BOO'd!

Oo bee pollen and shark cartilege! What a spoiled Mom & puppies!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Nanook & Kaige each had a big fat salmon steak for breakfast this morning, and their chicken feet.
    Raustyk & Indy just had their ckicken feet because they are not too fond of fish/seafood and I didn't have time to entice them to eat it. lol

I think I mentioned that I feed chicken feet &/or beef trachea's everyday before but I usually don't write it down because I give it as a snack/treat and it kind of skips my mind to include it as a part of their meals. But as of lately I've been giving then as a part of their breakfast everyday thats why it's all of a sudden being mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsoul
    shark cartilage
    You are so lucky, I'd love to find some of that around me.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Sue where do you get the chicken feet? I've been hearing they are very good to feed for the Glucosamine.

Sarah, I've been doing so much reading at the Raw feeding site it's unreal. Thanks so much for the link. I'm going to sign up for a couple more of the sites too (feed supply and raw chat...should be interesting!). I have learned that I need to start feeding more meat and organs. I really thought they had to have just as much bone as meat, but this is not the case. So needless to say, I've learned a lot!

I really liked the videos a couple of you posted so I thought I'd get one of Bon with his first picnic roast (on sale for .98/lb!)
    This is by far the largest piece of meat he's ever had. I'd say it probably was a good 6-7 lbs with a huge bone in the middle. Needless to say this is going to be a couple days worth of food for him (I cut off meat for the girls too..it was a 12+ pounder!). He worked diligently this morning for 40 minutes before I took it up.
    Video

I just thought I'd share this too...his nice fully belly

Oh and as for their meal today...they all had picnic, and while Bon was working the girls also got a ham hock.

Has anyone ever fed Yellow Tail Jack (fish) ?

My brother and I found a fishing spot where there is huge amounts of them. I found out you can keep as many as you want as well as any size. They are SO easy to hook and a lot of fun to reel in.

The Muttlies would have an endless supply of fish!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

This morning Mandy, Buck, and Nova all had beef brisket (Luka was still upstairs sleeping when I fed the other three). For dinner I fed Buck and Luka chicken quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66
    Sue where do you get the chicken feet? I've been hearing they are very good to feed for the Glucosamine.
    I'm not Sue but I also feed chicken feet daily. Mandy needs them for her joints as well as an additional liquid supplement. I get them from my butcher, but I can occassionally find them at the grocery store. My butcher has always been cheaper though. Ethnic markets (if you have any near you, I don't ) usually have them as well as some other crazy body parts (like heads )

Sarah, I've been doing so much reading at the Raw feeding site it's unreal. Thanks so much for the link. I'm going to sign up for a couple more of the sites too (feed supply and raw chat...should be interesting!). I have learned that I need to start feeding more meat and organs. I really thought they had to have just as much bone as meat, but this is not the case. So needless to say, I've learned a lot!
    I'm glad you've found it useful Yep, the diet is all about meat! It should be around 80% meat. I think this is where most people mess up. I also used to feed too much bone. My dogs get a lot of boneless stuff now, and I'm trying to find more whole animals (because they have the perfect bone/meat/organ ratio).

I just thought I'd share this too...his nice fully belly
    Cute!!! Bon looks like he was enjoying that roast! Good find I usually get roasts for $1.29/lb around here.

We skipped breakfast so Bailey got a big lunch instead...

1 1/4 pounds Beef
    1 Turkey Wing
    Small amount of Chicken Soup Bones
    Sliced Zucchini
    2 Sliced Organic Bananas (frozen)
    1 can of Tuna
    3 Eggs

I haven't fed him anything other than meat for a while. He absolutely LOVED it! DH picked some pears and apples for him and threw them in the deep freeze. Now he can have some fruit that takes him longer than a second to eat. It takes him alot longer when they're frozen.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Mandy hasn't been feeling good today so I had her skip her meal.

The order that I posted earlier came in today! I fed the Labs beef lung.

LOL dork.

I fed them half of it, and saved the other half for later.

Nova and Luka also got a turkey wing, and Buck also got a turkey neck.