Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I must give up my cats.

Oh, Nancy, I am so, so, sorry to hear that, how terribly hard it must be for you. {{big hugs}} Prayers and loving thoughts on their way.

You'll be in our prayers. Maybe some farm, as was suggested, will let Felicia be a barn cat for them?

I am also very sad to read your post, and understand how hard this must be for you, please, please,please re-consider putting Felicia to sleep, try other options for her, there may well be a home she will be ok in, you might be mis-judging her , although i know you now your pets well, I just cannot bear the thought of putting a healthy animal to sleep and i am sure you feel exactly as i do, I am not judging you, but just hoping you can find some better alternative than that for Felicia, HUGS to you and I pray something will work out for her.

Is it totally out of the question just keeping the one cat, maybe if things are so bad, we here at PT could help some way, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask,everyone here would only be pleased to help in anyway possible that i am sure of.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I have had Felicia since 1989, making her 16 or 17. The reasons I don't think she would in another home is her age, and she does not get along with other cats.

I will consider other options. Thanks Jen for those rescues, I hadn't thought of them.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blessings in whatever you do. I am perhaps facng some of the same choices. It is clear you love them and are seeking to do what is best. They know your choices come from love.

Near Seattle in the beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Our thoughts are with you and Felicia & Beau. We hope the best for all of you and that someone, somewhere can help you find homes for your cats.
    Tiger, Percy, Antoinette, Scooter,Norbert,Willy, Pippin
    www.tribeof7.com

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom
    I have had Felicia since 1989, making her 16 or 17. The reasons I don't think she would in another home is her age, and she does not get along with other cats.

I will consider other options. Thanks Jen for those rescues, I hadn't thought of them.
    Nancy, at least an attempt to find an alternative will make YOU feel better. And please KNOW that I DO understand, 100%, your reasons for considering putting Felicia to sleep rather than knowing she might be pining away in another home, never really being happy again. And I am certain that the majority of people here will support you no matter what your decision. Only you can REALLY know what needs to be done.

I would certainly not think making her a barn cat at 16 or 17 would be a reasonable option.

Now, let me probe a little further.......Would you say that she hates other cats to the point of fighting with them, her being the instigator? Or is it more of a "if you leave me alone I will leave you alone" emotion? Or would she HIDE all the time if she were around strange cats?

Does she have any known health issues at this time (especially ones that would realistically shorten her natural lifespan)?

by the way, in case I did not say so earlier..........I am SO sorry to hear about your failing health. Losing your health and independence is hard enough without having to lose your furfamily too.

I didn't remember that Felicia was an old lady - is there a nursing home, bookstore or library that might want a "store cat?"

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom

If not, it'll be on YOUR conscience and I hope you'll be able to sleep at night and look at yourself in the mirror in the morning.
    I totally agree. This is heartbreaking. I'm sorry I clicked on to read this. I would not think a farm is a good idea at all at her age and with the extremes in temperature she would face. Poor baby, my heart breaks for you Felicia. Sending many prayers that a good home will be found for Felicia. Please contact the rescue groups, there has to be someone that can help find her a loving home!

Originally Posted by moosmom

If not, it'll be on YOUR conscience and I hope you'll be able to sleep at night and look at yourself in the mirror in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalee
    I totally agree. This is heartbreaking. I'm sorry I clicked on to read this. I would not think a farm is a good idea at all at her age and with the extremes in temperature she would face. Poor baby, my heart breaks for you Felicia.
    Neither of you are showing any compassion towards a PILLAR of our PT group........and THAT breaks my heart. Sometimes people really are placed between a proverbial "rock and a hard place". Not every person has the luxury of of time and money to do the "right" thing. And who would know better what the "right" thing is than Nancy herself??? Circumstances are not always ideal. And even though you both (and others who feel this way) are most certainly allowed to have and voice your opinions, I just don't feel it is very fair of you to judge and criticize a person who is in no doubt facing one of the hardest times of a person's life.

(Sorry, Nancy, I do not mean to speak for you)

Nancy...I don't know you much at all, being kind of new. I am more in agreement with the person who said at least if you called some of the rescue groups, at least you would know you had tried.

If - by some chance - your new landlord knew the age of Felicia, and you signed something saying you would have no more cats after her....and would accept a damage deposit - might that help?

YOu know a bunch of us here would chip in!

Just a thought

HUGS HUGS HUGS
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You may even get a note from your doctor stating that she is your therapy animal since having to be sepreated from a pet you have had that long would sure distress you and there IS a lot to be said about purr therapy and the comfort they bring during bad times. If I tried to explaine that to a doctor of mine, I would really be upset and bawling like a baby at the thought of having to give up my pets and they would clearly see that it was not to MY benifit to have to be sepreated from them.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm so very sorry. I'm sure this is extremely hard for you. (((HUGS)))

I'm praying that a rescue can help you with Felicia and it's good to know you have a good home lined up for Beau.

From Decker with Love

Felicia is a "leave me alone cat." Especially if she is sitting or laying around and Beau comes near her. On the other hand, they sometimes eat out of the same dish at the same time.

I am going to ask about taking her there. She is therapy for me.

Thanks to all of you. You gave me ideas I hadn't thought of.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

HUGS HUGS HUGS to you.

Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda