Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May get #5

May get #5

I had not planned on anymore fur babies, especially with this latest developement with Gizzy's heart thing..... BUT! (There is always that "BUT" isn't there?)

I got a call from my brother in law in Florida over the week end or early in the week. My sister is in the hospital seriously ill (sister that lost her son in December). She has been diagnosed with a lung disease and now heart problems cause by the lung thing. She told me today, her doctor told her she may have to get rid of ALL her pets if she wants to live. It depends on how she does after she gets home and how she reacts to them.

You have heard me mention my Mama's Boo and may even remember me posting picture of Her Miss Orangeness Boo. Boo is a senior girl that Mama loved dearly and Mama stayed on this earth a lot longer than the doctors had said, because of her Boo Baby. She has lived with my sister since Mama died in 1999. I had always wished I could have her but would not take her from my sister so her joining my gang would not be a problem for me. I am praying she can stay on at my sisters since I think she is to old to accept another home this late in life and grieve herself to death if she has to leave my sister and her husband.... But we don't want her leaving the family!

Sis is going to try it at home with her 3 cats and one dog and if she has a problem, she will rehome Fred and Sassy and try keeping just Boo and see if that would work. I would LOVE to take Fred too but my house is already over crowded, Fred is anothe Giz in his mischiefness and amusement and he is another orange and white beauty.. He would be a rip to have too! Awwwwe Gee Whiz.. She will die without her cats, she has NEVER, not had one.
    Check out Fred and Sassy, these were taken in December..

Opps Here's Boo

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

We got Raven when someone who was waiting for a kidney transplant could not keep her pets. It is so sad to have to do that.
    Nine is Fine!!

it's wonderful that you are opening your home to one more if it comes up. i got my cockateil, Lucy from a lady that was diagnosed with some kind of cancer. she had to re home her two dogs, cockateil, 3 cats AND her fish. not sure why the fish, but she was torn.

i hope your sister gets better and her treatment goes well.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Oh Laura, they are precious. Fred looks like such a sophisticated gentleman with his formal tuxedo on and miss sassy....she looks just so very sweet and cute You know you can give them a marvelous home (if need be) more than anyone else probaby can. Boo.....you do look very much like kitty royalty in that picture. Hopefully all will work out for you and your family
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

And I am sure that thats a load off your Sisters mind,knowing that her Cats will always if need be,have a Furr Ever Home that they can move to.
    Thats very Good Of You.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aw, those are never easy things to hear! I am so sure that you would be able to provide a wonderful home for any of the babies!

I hope everything turns out ok and your sister can keep her pets, I know I would not want to live without at least one cat.

She must be devistated.All her cats are so beautiful and content looking.
    My mom's orange cat was sick and my mom was sick and she couldn't give her orangie meds so me and mike took him at 15 years old.He lived happy w/us until his thyroid and liver finally gave out.He seemewd very relaxed w/us even in the first few days.Because he knew me.Remembered me.
    I hope she gets to keep them but if not,her cat will do fine moving at an old age with you,since Fred knows your a family member I hope your sister gets better.Prayers on the way.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

What lovely kitties! Little Miss Sassy is a doll!
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Is there a particular medical reason that cats and animals have to be rehomed if thier owner is seriously ill?
    I've never heard that before.
    If I was ill It'd want to be with Jack & Sunny all the more I wouldn't want them to go. It seems cruel taking away somebody's pets when the're ill and won't that just add to the stress of the actual illness itself?

CJ, it is her lungs and this lung disease she has. That is the medical reason. She may have no reaction to them when she gets out of the hospital, but then again she may. At least her doctor understands pets and has that wait and see attitude. She has alwasy had a cat in her house, all our lives we have had one and she is going to be LOST without one, it is going to hurt her so bad if she can't keep Boo, it is going to break her heart! Boo will be the last one to go if she has to give them up.

I live in a 14X60 mobile home so my space is pretty limitted so I can't take them all, what is that? Around 700 square feet? I am hoping her breathing goes fine and she can keep them all at home with her! I know she would do far better with them than without them emotionally.

Carla, Boo has been here to my house when they have come to visit and I have lived with them when Mama was alive and been to visit since... Do you think Boo would remember me and adjust to being here? I think she MAY be around 10 years old.

Oh I'm sorry.I got mixed up(as usual).I was thinking Fred might go live with you.In answer to your question about Boo,I believe she'll remember you very well.No problem with that.I read in couple different books that cats have long and short term memory just like humans.She'll be very happy with you because she knows your family.(no joke.I really feel that they know if you've been around her enough.).Boo will be a bit edgy maybe at first because of the other cats and new home but she'll adjust fast.At least that's what I think and hope.

Thank You Kim for this wonderful siggy

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power ,the world will know peace" jimi hendrix

When she was here before she did pretty good.. She stayed in my bedroom on my bed all the time but that is what she does at home and always did, even when Mama was alive. She is not an affectionate kitty girl and prefers to be left alone until SHE decided it is time to be petted and if I remember correctly, she paid no mind at all to my babies being here as long as they didn't get near HER!

IF it comes to that, I would like to see THEM bring her over here and spend a few days here with her in my house before they leave.... do you think that would help with the move for her? That, or I would have to go there and spend a couple of days first since if she has to rehome them, she would not be able to stay here around MY cats if cats effect her real bad...

I am so very sorry to hear about your sister's illness Laura. I will keep her in my prayers.

I also pray that she will be able to keep her beloved animals, but her health does come first.

If your sister has to give up Boo, personally, I think it would be better if they come to your house, providing your sister is well enough to make the trip, and stay for a few days. This would make it easier on Boo.

Please keep us posted.

Fred is such a handsome orangie boy, Little Sassy is just too darn adorable and Boo is quite the pretty girl.

Good luck with everything Laura.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

My sister just called me and she is home from the hospital. She sounds SO much better than the other day when she could hardly breathe. Her daughter is staying with them and she has completely washed down her entire bedroom and everything in it and is shampooing the carpet in the whole apartment and just getting rid of all the dust and stuff that could trigger another spell like Sis had. I really feel like that is going to help more than anything because Sis has been feeling so bad for so long, she didn't have the strength to clean anymore. I think as long as the house gets cleaned GOOD like that on a regular basis, that the cats will not be a problem for her. Let's keep fingers, toes and paws crossed that this is all that is needed.

She has phnemonia (sp?) back in the fall and the doctor told her that is what caused this, that the phnemonia did not go away with the treatment she had for it and has been there getting worse and worse, but that she does has asthma.

rg.. this is funny. When Sis first got Fred, it had been SO many years since she had a kitten that she forgot the trouble they could get into and how active they are. She would call me and complain to high heaven about his antics and my answer to her was that he was just being a kitten and wasn't it so much fun to have one in the house again. Finally, she realized that was what was going on and began to enjoy his antics and started calling me bragging about what he had done now!! She said he is a good cat now and NO trouble at all, can even be every so sweet. She adores him and we never have a conversation that she don't have "Fred" story to tell me.