Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Uppydate - EDIT: Added pics on page 2

Peanut Uppydate - EDIT: Added pics on page 2

It seems to me that Peanut is getting more and more frail....sometimes. Other times she seems the picture of health and is such a goofy little girl. So, to calm my fears I took her to the vet on Saturday for her "almost a year followup" for the surgery on the tumor in her bladder and for some blood work.

The bad news is the tumor is back. At the 3 month checkup he could tell there was something there by abnormal cells in the urine sample, but he couldn't see anything on the ultrasound. The tumor is now visible again on the ultrasound.

The good news is that other than that, she is in excellent health for an old lady. Her kidney function is reduced, but it's not any worse than it was at her last check up which I believe was last September, and it's not bad enough to require fluids or any type of intervention. Her thyroid levels are on the high side, but still in the normal range, again requiring no intervention. Most importantly, the white blood cell count was normal meaning the tumor isn't really causing too many problems yet.

We again discussed signs I will need to look for to tell me "when it's time" and I asked if he made house calls because I will not take Peanut to his office to have her PTS when the time comes. She gets too scared when I take her in, and I will not have her scared out of her wits during her last minutes on earth. He does not make house calls, but he recommended someone who does so I will be contacting her in the near future just to become familiar with her and let her become familiar with Peanut and her history so when the call comes, it's not totally out of the blue.

But other than that, Peanut is doing great. She seems to have her bad days where she's a little wobbly on her feet and she sleeps most of the time, but mostly she is her adorable, goofy little self, fending off CJ attacks, snuggling with her daddy, playing in her boxes and she even got a few excursions outside in the last week since the weather has been so nice. So the vet told me "Enjoy her while you can." and I intend to do just that.

Sorry, I know should have included a picture of my little sweetie, but Terry had the camera all last week so I don't have any new pics to share. But I will get some soon....hopefully.
    Last edited by Tubby & Peanut's Mom; 05-09-2006 at 09:40 AM.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Awwwwww! It breaks my heart that you even have to talk to anyone about helping her cross over but I know it is the wise thing to do before that time is here.. I hope she does well for a long, long time, she is such a pretty little thing and sooo sweet!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh sweet Peanut. Reading this makes me so sad. I do understand how you feel because I feel like we are going through the same thing with Ripley. I'm trying to make the most of it but sometimes it is so hard to see them getting so frail.

I'm so sorry that the tumor is back. That certainly didn't take long. I am glad to hear that otherwise she is in great health. That will help take her a long way.

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts for Miss Peanut.

From Decker with Love

I'm sorry to hear that Peanut's tumor is back. I do hope she has many
    healthy years to come. good to know she is not in pain . (((HUGS)))
    to your sweet girl
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Not to worry...I have days when I am wobbly on my feet...

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Oh sweet Peanut. I'm so sorry to hear the tumor is back, but all her other test results are still within the normal range. It sounds like she's diong great for an old gal and that you're enjoying her while you can.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

What a brave and loving thing to do.

How old is dear Peanut?

hugs
    Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We're all glad that Peanut still has her up days! Sorry that tumor is back. Here's positive thoughts sent her way for a shrinking tumor.

I've always been struck by her beauty.

Catty1...I think Peanut is 17.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Yes, Peanut is 17. She'll be 18 in September.

Thanks everyone. She is snuggling contentedly with her daddy right now.

ES - I know how you feel and that's actually what kept me from taking her to the vet earlier.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

All in all, with the results of her blood tests and the white count, it sounds like Peanut is doing reasonably well. It's also good to know that the tumor is not causing too many problems right now and I pray that it doesn't for a very long time.

Looking forward to seeing new pictures.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Debbie:
    When I first started reading this, I got LES big time. I'm so sorry the tumour is back. But then, I heard a whisper in my ear from Speckles that Peanut is going to be OK for now and the RB isn't ready for her yet. I'd like to say spoil her....but...well....how much more spoiled can that little girl be. Please give her a kiss from Auntie Slick.

{{{hugs}}} to you my good friend. Just one more thing...

Where are the pictures???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Oh dear sweet Peanut, I am glad you are doing so reasonably well

Thanks for the update, and yes...we wait for a few pictures of your precious sweetheart !

It is actually good to know that everything else (except the tumor) is working so well. And the fact that the tumor does not seem to be causing trouble is also good. Kisses for Peanut.

I think Peanut is lucky in her old age- the signs are there but they are not aggressive in the moment- so she can enjoy live. I hope it will be like that for me too

Headbumpies and nosekissies to her.

I am so sorry that the tumor is back.... . Is there no possibility to operate it? I guess Peanut is to old for a long sedation...
    Spoil that brat as much and as long as you can. He is sooooo gorgeous!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge