• petsmart

28 66.67%
  • never been

4 9.52%
  • dislike both

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: petco or petsmart?

I've only been to one PetCo in Washington (none in Canada) and one PetSmart (closest one is still really far away).. I prefer Petsmart to Petco though. They had more products and cheaper prices. The staff were also much more helpful.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Petsmart by far. Our petco is the combination of every horror story you've heard about pet stores. Abuse in the grooming facility, animals dying all over the place, horrible care advice. They also sell less products than petsmart and ours does have the tiniest bowls for fish. Our petsmart, even though they do hire teenagers like every retail business does, seems to hire only people who like animals. Their tanks are always great. The used to have a vet that was real nice. Plus they have a clearence section that's my favorite. When you can pay 19 cents for clearence tank decorations you'll be there every week to surf the aisles. Both do adoptions, but you can hardly take that as a measure of quality.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

i put petsmart thats were i always go

petco or petsmart?

I really like them both.. I have adobted from both.. However Petsmart is closer to me so I go there the most..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Wenisrubber
    PetCo does that too. They also have some sort of dealie going on with Petfinder.
    really? i didn't know that. the ones around here don't.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Both. The petstores here have good service and prices.

I'd also like to add that the only thing close to a privatley owned shop around here is a two-store business that has excelent service and products, and takes wonderfull care of the animals (Both places) but for some reason sells puppies and kittens, a lot of bengals and mutts.

Niņo & Eliza

I like both actually, the prices are better at Petsmart, but I prefer the grooming at Petco. I typically buy stuff from a pet warehouse in the area, but their hours aren't the greatest (they close at 6 M-F, and short hours on Saturday), so sometimes I do go to Petsmart - but I'm not crazy about their groomers, so Roscoe goes to Petco

I work at Petco so I have to say them. I can't speak for ones in other areas but the animals seem well-cared for here.

I also go to Petsmart sometimes. I think they are cheaper for quite a few things, but Petco is cheaper in some cases as well (plus I get a 20% discount so its always cheaper for me).

I don't generally go to other pet stores that are close because they sell puppies and kittens. I have been to them, but it just makes me sad.

we dont have petco here but of all the petstores here petsmart is my favarite, after getting Toivo and seeing first hand what great care they take of the animals I was sold lol every single other store I have gotten a small pet from, they just droped the animal in a box and said see ya! , I mean even when I adopted my rabbit from the humane society, they asked for $10 handed her over and sent us out the door! all my other birds they trapped then in a net, shoved then in a boz, taped in shut and handed them over, when I got Toivo from petsmart yesterday, I asked to see him, so they put their hand in the cage, set "up" he hopped up and they brought him over, he sat in my finger in the store while I examined him, before they let me have him, I had to sign a contract, he was looked over by a vet, I was given a care guide.... he is well trained, healthy, very well adjusted, very friendly and relaxed and playful. I could not ask for better, and I am EXTREMLY impressed with the service and care.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

PETSMART

I work there and get a 15% discount I love the stuff, the people and the way they care for all the animals in there care. Can't ask for more in petstore if you ask me!

Ashley
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Petco carries better kibbles... Wysong and Natural Balance, but I don't feed either so I don't really care about that!

Knowing people who work at both stores, in different locations, I vote Petsmart! They typically take way better care of animals (as Petco has been in lots of trouble for neglect all over the country!) and they always tend to be neater, more organized, and have lower prices. Petco only hires people 18+ years, which is assinine to me. I think people should be hired based on skill and dedication, there is NO reason they should not hire a 16 year-old. Their management and customer service is also disgusting, in all of the stores I've visited (5 Petco's). I also like that Petsmart does offer training, as subpar as it is sometimes.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Pet-co has better items & better prices but the service at petsmart is better.
    I prefer farm/feed stores better though.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Petsmart. It is the nearest store here and their service is really good. The bettas aren't in those tiny cups. All of the animals are well taken care of. Clean cages, not cramped etc. The emplyees are also very friendly and knowledgable(sp?)
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Petsmart is outrageously priced but we go sometimes. Both places around here do pet adoption things