Thread: Texas beaches **suggestions please**

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

Texas beaches **suggestions please**

My friends and I are trying to plan a bit of a three day weekend trip to a beach, and, I wanted to know if any of the Texans or anyone who's ever been to a beach there, could give me any suggestions on which beaches are nice for three women to go and just chill out and enjoy life? Any suggestions would be cool...pros and cons, links to sites, etc. Thanks in advance! We'd be going in late June.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Galveston Island has some nice beaches. You may want to try that. I remember the water was nice & warm.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Hiya finn's mom!

Although Galveston has been improved over the last few years, it's still not that great of a beach. Look into South Padre Island, right off of Corpus Christi. It's been named by the Travel Channel as one of the nicest beaches in the country, which included beaches from Hawaii, South Carolina, Florida and California. It's been a looooonnnnnnngggg time since I've been there, but I remember loving it there and apparently it's still really nice if it's getting included on lists with the likes of Hawaii.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Texas beaches **suggestions please**

I am from & live in Texas & can name you lots of Ocean beachs & or Lake beaches that are nice.. Can you tell me what location you all will be at && maybe I can direct you to a nice place..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Surfside is a very nice beach. and so is South Padre.I've been to both and i enjoyed them! Surfside doesnt have much though,its just houses you can rent,a few resturants(spll?) and thats abouit it.Still nice though,we take the dogs there alot.

i went to texas in 10/2004. i still have daydreams about the beaches in the corpus christi area. south parde island is wonderful. corpus has a small vibrant downtown area within walking distance of the city beaches, they had a fun blues-jazz bar i enjoyed. port aransas, a suburb of corpus, has several nice areas. if you see in the local paper ANYTHING about a locally run bar-be-que, GO. the local community cookouts are way fun, interestingly attended and the food is authentic. can you tell i had a good time?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

South Padre Island. It's the closest beach to me and has wonderful waters. They are warm and they have a good amount of hotels and condos near there. It may not have the best weather now, but in summer, the perfect beach weather comes on. Their website is Here
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Hey, thanks you all! I've been to South Padre and to Corpus. I liked them both. I think we managed to drive into Port Aransas while I was at Corpus, but, I can't remember for sure. I remember liking the beach better in Padre, but, it was during spring break, and, we definitely don't want a crowd like that. Does anyone who suggested Padre know if it is always a college student hangout or just during spring break? And, we do want some nightlife, but, again, nothing like Padre during spring break. Just normal dancing and drinking type places. Where we can have fun, but, not like Girls gone Wild or anything.

As for where we're going to be going, that's the whole thing, we're not sure, yet. I'm thinking staying between Padre and Corpus, and, drive to and from wherever we wanna go.

Thanks again for the suggestions so far!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm pretty sure all the college people were there just because of spring break. I know I have gone before and only adults with their children were there. You can even take your dogs! I like Corpus beach because two great attractions are just a short distance away. The aquarium and the Lexington. If you come down to the valley and go to SPI, then they have many things to do. Hard to choose, but maybe you can go to both, since they are so close together
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Quote Originally Posted by dogzr#1
    The aquarium and the Lexington.

I loved the aquarium! I saw the Lexington, but, didn't tour...maybe this time, I should do that. Thank you!

tour the aquarium again , the building is way cool, tour the lexington, and eat lunch at the bar and grill next to the lexington. the burgers were good. the selena memorial was nice too. the web site doctorrockitsbluesbar.com has info about the blues bar and neighborhood. i heard the house band, duke e brown and enjoyed myself.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.