Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me I'm doing the right thing

Aly,

I agree with Mugsy.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

Well guess who's sitting in my lap as I write this?!?!?!

Its Rascal!!!! Now tentatively named Tobi. I had a very emotional day and was a bucket of tears all morning when I was thinking about him leaving. I got all of his stuff gathered that I bought him at Petsmart and he was ready to go. But at around 1:30, the girl came in very upset and told me her rott is very, very sick and she couldn't bring him in for the intro today. I talked to her for awhile and she said she wouldn't feel right getting a new dog while her baby is so sick. He had to be on fluids and has had diarrhea and throwing up. This girl is the sweetest thing in the world. Both of her parents are disabled and she takes care of them and their animals (they live next door to her). She made me cry because I felt so bad about the whole situation. I told her I'd take Rascal (Tobi) home for a couple days to see if her rottie got better. I told her if it was any longer though, I'd get too attached.

So now Tobi has met all three of my animals and things are going smoothly. Lolly seems to like him. She's a bit nervous and jumpy but play bowed to him right away. Reece and Tobi are having the time of their lives licking each other's faces and mounting each other nonstop.

I bought Tobi a diaper but it was too small so I exchanged it for the next size. Now this one is a little big and keeps slipping down a little. I hope to eliminate the need for diapers ASAP. He does beautifully in a crate. I had him in a crate in the cattery for 3 hours this morning while I cleaned. He sat there quietly watching me. When I brought him up front, he growled at the executive director of the shelter He's a goof ball. His growl sounds like a purr. Oh yeah, at Petsmart today he kept challenging a pitbull. It was so funny. He really loves all dogs and if he's near them, he'll just smell them and mount them, but she was at a distance so he was acting tough. He stands on his hind legs and growls so he looks bigger OH and I was talking to the pit's owner and he's going to come in and see if he can adopt Kayla!!

So as of now, I have Tobi as a foster. I will decide in a week or two if he is permanent. It really depends on Romeo the rottie and if he gets better soon. I will post some pics of the gang tonight!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Good luck Aly--we know Rascal/Tobi will have a good home either way!!!

YAY.....Maybe it was ment to be after all that you get Tobi?!?! Sorry to hear that her Romeo is so sick though. Give Tobi a pig PAT AND HUG for me..... **hugs to you too**!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Here's one more pic of Tobi. I'm too tired to try to get everybody in one picture tonight. I will take some tomorrow

Last edited by aly; 05-03-2002 at 11:01 PM.
    Alyson

I can't see the pic just an x
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Try to look now. I hope it works because its a cute one
    Alyson

It works!

He's a cutie guy!

AWWWWWW That pic makes me want to put his hair in some pig tails with ribbons !!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Oh Aly what cuteness!!! I bet in no time there will be four tiny pictures in your signature! LOL! Regarding the mounting....I remember one day years ago watching Joan Rivers on TV with her beloved Spike (before he went to RB). She had the Yorkie on who had won Best in Breed the night before at Westminster. Well, of course Spike was not groomed at all properly next to the Westminster winner but what made it even more amusing, was that Spike was trying to mount him the whole time. Joan was dying!

Aly, Tobi is an adorable little pup!!! I think things will work out for the best, either way. Fostering Tobi will give you a chance to see if she fits in with your family. If so, maybe the other person will not be able to take her. And if she doesn't at least you will know you tried and maybe the rottie will be better. Either way it sounds like the dog will have a good home! Can't wait to see more pics!

OMG! He's so beautiful, and he sounds like so much fun! Hope everything works out!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Here's Tobi at work bossing Turbo around:

Alyson

He sounds like a real bundle of fun! I love the last pic

Aly, why does Tobi need to wear a diaper???