Ugg...I really don't want to post this, because it makes me sick to my stomach to think about again. The picture keeps replaying in my mind.

We drove out the road to meet the bus today, and the dogs chased the car out, like they used to. Lately we have been putting them in the house when we leave, and having someone let them out after we are all long gone, but today nobody was home, so we had to just leave them outside. We were waiting at the end of the road in the car, and Maggie was laying on the driveway beside the car. I van drove by, and usually maggie will run at the car when it drives by, but today...she was a little bit early.

Before anything happened, my mom saw the car coming and told my sister to grab Maggie before she got hit. So my sister got out of the car to grab her, but Maggie wouldn't listen to her commands to come. Maggie ran out in the road, and all you heard was a boom and a yelp. The car didn't even try to stop before it hit her. The bus was just about ready to stop when she got hit, so me and my sister couldn't look her over. The lady who hit Maggie turned around an came an apologized. I called my mom when I got to school to find out what happend. The lady came back all shooken up, and was apologizing for hitting her. She said that she thought that Maggie was just going to stay laying by the car, and not give chase. Maggie is perfectly fine, no broken bones, not even soar. She isn't limping or anything. I feel so bad, this could have been prevented. I was so worried, because my best friends dog Tika got hit by a car on Friday and died.

We went to town tonight to by tie-outs for both Maggie and Autumn, so that they can't go out the road and be in danger. I feel bad for tieing them up, but it's better to be safe, than to have a dead dog. Hope you guys understand this was a freak accident!