Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tornados, and I'm scared

tornados, and I'm scared

Here we are, at least I'm home with my son, mother and all furkids... but we have tornado warnings. Gosh ToTo...maybe we are in Kansas LaPlata MD just got hit big time 2 days ago, an F5 (worst one there is) and now we are on alert. I have a plan to take care of my guys and family but this is scary.... I'll check in later if I can. Love you guys....... Laurie

OK, here comes the wind and the sky is green.. eeks. Have to go......

OH dear! Hope all is ok Laurie!

Believe me, I know how scary those guys can be!!!! Hobbs, NM (where my parents live) gets hit hard and OFTEN!

I slept thru the only one Las Cruces had last year.

Check in when you can!!!
    {{you're in my thoughts}}

Laurie, I live in Kansas so I totally know what you are going through. Prayers are on the way for your saftey. It always helps me to ask God to send his angels to surround me and my loved ones and the town and keep us safe. It helps keep me calm thinking of an army of big strong angels sheltering our town with their wings. (((hugs)))

Laurie, I too know exactly how you feel. I am terrified in the kind of weather you describe. Head for the basement.

Oh, Laurie HOW scary!!! Stay safe. We'll be thinking about you and your family. Sending you a great big

Kate, Loud Louie & The Beans

We are on a "tornado watch" here until 10:00 pm. This is just a watch and not a warning. It's been a very humid day here and that often sparks some big boomers. Laurie I hope you are all OK and will check back in as soon as it is safe to do so!!

I have always been very nervous in the spring because of tornadoes...thankfully they seem to hit when I am not around. One year, there was one of Lake Erie when my paretns went to Cedar POint with out me, and another hit Cincinnati on a weekend I had come home from school...Hope all is well Laurie!!!

Oh, Laurie!!! I'm scared for you, and all your family, too! I hope everything is alright! Just think happy thoughts! Hug your family, and your furbabies, and that should make you feel better! Be safe! We all love you, Laurie!

Love,
    Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

It is scary. I have been through 3 hurricanes and 1 tornado. With hurricanes you can prepare, with tornados, it is so fast, so little preparation. My 12 year old daughter went through Hurricane Georges ok but since we are moving to Oklahoma in June she is absolutlly terrified. She watched the movies Twister and Where the Heart Is (before we found out we were moving) and now she is obsessed with tornados. I was at work one day and she called me from home crying because she said the clouds were twirling and she thought it was a tornado. I told her to go to my neighbor's house and I rushed home from work. She hasn't seen the house we are moving to but I assured her that it has a storm cellar. She is still frightened. Hang in there Laurie.

Laurie, please let us know that you are alright as soon as you can. Each of us understands the terror of these storms and the fear is a horrible feeling.

Prayers and hugs go out to you.

Laurie, I'll be thinking of you and your family. I've never experienced it first hand but I've seen what it can cause. Please let us know that you're Ok when you get the chance!

Hope everything is OK wsith you and the family. I'm sure I can't even imagine how scary a tornado is. Hugs to you all.

Lynne

We too hope everything is Ok over there with you all! Have never experienced a tornado or a hurricane, but it must be frightening! - especially for animals!

Storm warnings updated every 2 min.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

whew, all is well

Huge winds, fallen tree limbs and some downed power lines but no twister. Thanks for your thoughts everyone Laurie

I was watching the news this a.m. and saw the storm that hit W. Virginia - man they're wicked We seldom have tornados here in Utah, but a few years ago we had one touch down in downtown SLC - that was the scariest thing I've ever seen and even more scarier was that people wanted to get close to it out of shear curiosity turning out to be pure stupidity. Mother Nature does get in a really bad mood at times doesn't she.
    Prayers for safety to all who live in tornado country!!!!!