Thread: This is one Lucky Baby

This is one Lucky Baby

I just have to share this story (and picture) of a tiny kitten who has touched my life - and many others at my school.

Last week, one of the secretaries at my school noticed her dogs in the yard "playing" with a tiny kitten about 4 weeks old. She rescued it from the dogs, took it into her home and brought it to school the next day where a teaching assistant said she'd like to give it to her elderly mother who had lost her husband recently and could use a pet to love and care for. However, the poor kitten was terribly hungry and thin, had watery eyes, her body was cold and shivering, and she could hardly stand on her own. It was brought to me in my library to keep for the day since I have an office it could stay in. We found a lamp to warm it, some ham & cheese from the cafeteria (school lunch!) which it wolfed down, and some water. Within several hours, the kitten had stopped shivering, was crawling out of its box, and mewing so loudly that everyone in the library could hear it. I held her on my lap for the rest of the afternoon (she purred!) and all the kids fell in love with her. Another teacher, Susan, who is very experienced with animals both domestic and wild, took her home until her strength is built up and she is old enough for her permanent home.

Every day I asked Susan about the kitten and the reports were encouraging until about the fifth day. The kitty apparently was playing and just suddenly went limp! The vet's first concern was that the kitten was diabetic and would have to deal with shots - in which case, her future would be dim because the elderly woman who was planning on taking her wouldn't be able to care for her and she would probably have to be put down. Fortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case - the vet thinks that she was so malnourished and then overwhelmed with good food that she just had a severe reaction. She's now eating a special iron-enriched canned food that she's thriving on.

Today, Susan brought the kitten to school again - she spent much of the day with me in the library - and I was so pleased to see how well she's doing! She's perky, playful, friendly, with a round little tummy. It's a good thing she's already spoken for because I immediately fell in love with this precious baby and I already have a house full with 3 cats (Jazz having been found as a "stray" kitten at school several months ago.)

This kitten has so many guardian angels at my school who have contributed to her survival. Now I believe her future is bright and full of love. Please check out the adorable, irresistable face of this tiny bundle. She's certainly one of the cutest kittens I've ever seen and she'll grow into a beautiful, loving cat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, I love her too. What a sweet face. She's what I call a Halloween cat; black and orange. I've have Halloween cats and they are special. She sounds like she all ready is.

Isn't she darling?? Thank you for sharing that story, Harley. I admire all of you who have pitched in to help save this baby!!

She is a little doll! I love her markings and her bright eyes! I hope she will help fill the void for that elderly lady. It sounds like a great match to me. Keep us posted!

I WANT HER I WANT HER I WANT HER I WANT HER........ I'M IN LOOOOVE!!!!
    She is a luck baby.......... What a wonderful story!!!!!!!!!!! Please keep us posted.......... (KEEP US POSTED WITH PICS TOO)
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

That was a great story and I'm so glad that it has a happy ending. The kitten is so cute. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Former User Guest
    Oh, what a sweet face she has, and such a wonderful story. I like happy endings! Does she have a name yet?
    Thanx for sharing this story with us! And thanx for taking care of the little one, thanx to you and the others, this little girl gets to have a wonderful life now!

She really is adorable! And what a moving story!

Stories like this make me soft from love .....! Such a great story , and such a super-adorable kitty-face !!!!!
    She makes me think of Rachels PepperAnn !!

Thanks for sharing this with us !!!

What a sweet little love

What lovely story Harley - and such a happy end - she is such a beautiful furbaby - hope she continues to have a very long a happy life.
    Thanks to all of you who helped this little kitty pull through.

Lynne

Awww...she looks like a real sweetie, with a little bit of the devil in her like all kittens seem to have. I love it when kittens look like that. What a great, heart-warming story, Harley. You really have quite the kitty-saving group at your school, which is a wonderful thing, and must be fun too.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

She is so cute, and what a great story. Thanks for sharing it, and bless you for taking care of the sweet little thing!