Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puppy is Home! *LOTS of pics*

Puppy is Home! *LOTS of pics*

^__^ rahhh. I can't believe I have 2 dogs! And a new puppy! It's mind-boggling. (See this if you don't know what I'm talking about.)

We drove 4 hours up to Redding to pick up our little bundle of joy. His foster mom (Debbie) was so so nice, they were at an adoption event at Petco to meet us. He's way cuter in person than in his petfinder pictures! He's also a lot bigger than they described! He's more like the size of an oversized Corgi puppy of his age, so I'm ruling out the JRT... it was also strange, because everywhere we stopped, people who came over to drool over him all asked if he was a Husky! And he's definitely starting to look it.

He did great in the car for 4 hours! He slept most of the way, in his crate, and at every potty break he immediately got it done. When we got home, we introduced Gonzo and the pup in the front and he was fine with the pup. After a break for both of them, we introduced them in the backyard and Gonzo was a little bit snarky... I'm not worried about him hurting the pup, I KNOW he wouldn't, but I'm kind of worried about him getting used to the pup. I'm giving Gonzo lots of extra attention and giving them both space from eachother. If anyone has advice, I'd appreciate it. Gonzo is not territorial or resource guarding at all - it's just that he has always been very nervous with active and young dogs. The pup has been backing off very quickly when Gonzo gets nervous, though.

OK, here are the pics! He's so bouncy and cute! He really hasn't been biting very much at all, and he corrects very quickly. He's already catching onto "sit" and "down"

In the car ride, playing with his new teether.

Looking like a Corgi...

Looking like a Husky?...

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Holy crap, he's gorgeous! What a doll, I love his color and markings!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Gonzo and lil Bro...

Socute!

Husky tail and little legs

My favorite

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

My friend, Christine, with the boy.

Pooped out pup

Last edited by bckrazy; 08-03-2006 at 02:05 AM.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Oh my gosh! He is SOOO precious!!

Congrats!!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

What a cutie! Congrats!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

He is sooo cute. And it looks like he is quickly learning how to wrap you and your friends right around that precious little paw of his.

Gah! He's adorable! Ok, way beyond adorable. I love the one of him laying down in his crate... he looks... erm... adorable! Sorry, it's morning, my vocabulary seems to have died. Grats on your new puppy! Also, I might have missed it.. but.. does he have a name yet?

If you'd like a sig, PM me.

Ahh he's sooo cute!!!!!!!

I wanna see him walk lol with his stubby little legs. I cant wait to see what he's going to look like when he's all grown up. I cant wait for more pictures
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

OK!! I'm still looking for the CUTENESS OVERLOAD warning!! What a little doll! He's unbelievably cute. I feel super priveleged to be able to meet this little guy and see him grow up. Congratulations!!! We loooooovvvveeee him!! Kisses to you little boy and welcome to Pet Talk!!!!!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

OMG! CONGRATULATIONS!

I haven't been around much and I'm so happy that I decided to check in this morning...he's MEGA CUTE
    Look at those beautiful eyes of his too, I'd fall in love in a heartbeat with him!

This picture is TERRIFIC, Loved it!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

new puppy

He is sooooooooo cute, congrats, you will have many new adventures. Joann

Awwwwwwww, he's so adorable!! We are going to need some more pictures! I love the pics of him sleeeping, he is SUCH a gorgeous dog! Congrats again, I'm sure you'll have fun with him!

As for advice, my best advice is making sure to just give it time. For my pets, it took about 2-3 weeks for everyone to fully get adjusted any time a new pet was introduced. Also, when we got Vallis I tried to do fun things with all three so they would associate having fun with each other and hopefully bond. I like to think it worked, since they are all getting along! Good luck!

Congrats!!! He is SOOOOO ADORABLE!!! Awww I think I'm in love! We need MORE pictures!!

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Very cute! Next thing you know you'll be ruling out corgi and calling him a husky/beagle. At least I don't see corgi. Unless of course they knew the mother.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton