Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Might sound like a stupid question, but do you think dogs go to heaven?

Might sound like a stupid question, but do you think dogs go to heaven?

This probably sounds like a pretty dumb question (especially for a 13 year old to ask)...but we had to put my dog Carly to sleep and I really miss her. Do you think dogs go to heaven? I don't really know what to think. I don't think they have souls, but I also dont think they'll go to hell, but I -hope- they don't just sit there and rot...I don't know...what do you all think?

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

I think they go to heaven.

I also think they go to heaven. It comforts me to know that dogs I have lost are watching down on me.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Animals loved and cherished as pets, and animals that have made an impact on someone's life in some way or another, do go to heaven and they will be waiting there at the Pearly gates for you to arrive.

facebook

honey, of course dogs are in heaven. i cannot believe for one second that god would create something as wonderful as a dog, and not have it in paradise as well as here on earth. i know my sweet dog duke is there, likely drinking from the gravy river. i am sorry that you've lost Carly, can you tell us a little bit about her?
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

I believe dogs do have souls and Heaven wouldn't be Heaven for me if no dogs were there.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Exactly K9soul,

Heaven couldn't be heaven if my pets were not waiting for me.

After one of my first Goldens passed, my brother asked our pastor that exact question. He was a very wise elderly pastor with many years of ministry under his belt. His response was profound....

"David (my brothers name), Jesus tells us he has gone to prepare a place for us. We are told it is magnificent and will bring us great joy. There will be no more pain, suffering or sorrow. Knowing this, if you need your pets in heaven to be happy, they will be there."

He didn't actually say yes or no but he did say we will be filled with joy. I personally believe I will need my pets there with me. They are such a major part of me here and they do give me GREAT JOY!

Not a stupid question at all! I completely believe that our pets will be in heaven, waiting for us to return to them. I still miss my RB Lady like crazy, who passed away about 10 years ago, but I know that she is waiting for me and I'll see her again someday. I know how difficult it is to deal with the loss of a pet, so if you ever need to talk about losing Carly just PM me!

Well, I myself am not religious so I don't believe in Heaven . But I know that all my pets live on in my mind and never leave my side, that's sort of my version of the RB . If I did believe in Heaven, I would definitely believe that pets went to Heaven, otherwise I would refuse to go!

Zimbabwe 07/13

Yes, I believe dogs (and cats) go to heaven. One of my favorite
    quotes on the subject is........

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
    then when I die I want to go
    where they went."

Will Rogers, 1897-1935
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Personally, I do not beleive something so full of love, compassion, forgiveness, and charity for our wrongdoings towards then has no soul. I don't beleive it's possible for dogs not to have a soul. I don't think it is a soul like you and I have, but I truly beleive they do have their own souls and I beleive I will see them again someday.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by Vela
    Personally, I do not beleive something so full of love, compassion, forgiveness, and charity for our wrongdoings towards then has no soul. I don't beleive it's possible for dogs not to have a soul. I don't think it is a soul like you and I have, but I truly beleive they do have their own souls and I beleive I will see them again someday.
    I like the way you put that - maybe our pets are here to teach us about how God is...

I hope they do!!!I treasure the day i go and have all the animals i have loved and lost will be there waiting to reunite with me!!!

I don't believe dogs, or any animals will ever go to hell. Animals are not accountable for their deeds, so they will not be 'punished'...therefore, no animals in hell. I do believe animals have a soul, but it is different from our soul. I believe human beings are accountable for the deeds they commit in life, and the good will be rewarded with heaven, the evil, punished with hell. For animals, that is not the case. They don't need to be punished for anything.

As to animals being in heaven...for people who make it to heaven, I know that God has promised them complete happiness and bliss there, and they will get whatever they wish for in heaven. If a person in heaven wants his/her pet there, while religion doesn't explicitly mention it, I do believe God will give that person his/her pet. I do not believe animals will be in heaven as a 'reward' for THEM, as they don't do any wrong or right in this world...they don't have freedom of choice as humans in deeds and actions, but if a person wants his/her pet there, I'm sure God will bring that animal there for the good person's happiness.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 04-29-2006 at 02:25 PM.