Thread: For those of you who live in America and shop at Macy's

For those of you who live in America and shop at Macy's

http://www.boycottmacys.com/

Being the anti-fur person that I am, I thought I should share the above link with you all. Macy's doesn't exist in Sweden so I haven't seen the store first-hand, but I know alot of the Pet Talk members probably have, so I wanted to let you know about this and the change you can make.

Please be aware though that the photos at the site are gruesome.

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

I never shop there - the prices are too high anyway!

In my humble opinion, most places who will sell fur tend to be snobby, and snobby stores tend to be expensive!

Glad to hear you don't shop there though, and I'm glad you didn't mind me posting this!

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Re: For those of you who live in America and shop at Macy's

Originally posted by Ann
    http://www.boycottmacys.com/Please be aware though that the photos at the site are gruesome.
    Thank you for the warning! It was awful and I'm glad I haven't eaten breakfast yet! It amazes me that we humans can be so cruel!

I have shopped at May's before but it has been seeral years since I've bought anything there. I too am anti-fur. We do not need to kell animals to keep warm anymore! The days when people lived out in the bounies and had to hunt to get food and fur to protect them from the cold!

I've only been in Macy's once, and I bought a pair of jeans, that's it!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Whenever I see women in fur coats, it makes me sick. They think they look beautiful.

Do they have any idea how beautiful the animal was when it was able to wear its own fur coat?

Many of the major stores that sell fur coats have been boycotted in California.

Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
    I'm sure that some of the women that wear fur coats would give the same line as some of the people driving SUVs. Specifically, the ones driving alone at 80 mph in a 60 mph zone, possibly with a phone. Yes, America and much of the world has a market economy that consumers buy whatever they wish. I am not suggesting to change the economic system, but the attitudes of some of the people buying their toys. I'm just not convinced that many SUV owners need that size and power. It really seems like status and ego.

I just hope the public in general is starting to shame many of these status-seekers with their various toys. Fur-coats is one of them. These people want to be well-thought of. Maybe in the near future they will realize that well-though of includes being kind to animals and the enviroment.
    I completely agree!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's rediculous to have the largest bloody SUV on the road...to commute by yourself and barrel down everyone on the road in the process! Yikes! It's fine to have a huge dually truck or SUV if there is a purpose for one (towing, the line of work you're in...etc), but I think people are getting SUVs because they're 'cool'. What a pain and talk about gas guzzlers!! Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not against SUVs or people that have them. I may even have one someday, so my husband and I can tow our racecars to and from the dragstrip. But, then again...it would have a purpose.
    Out here I see that status and ego play a huge roll. It's rather annoying since I wasn't brought up to be a materialistic or status obsessed person...but unfortunately a lot of people are like that. Personally, I also think fur coats are quite ugly (not to mention the people wearing them). They definitely look much better on the animal.

Originally posted by wolflady
    They definitely look much better on the animal.
    Karen you got that right!!

I never even knew that Macy's sold fur . I am totally anti fur and really I don't understand why some people consider it elegant to wear it .
    Maybe to shine some light on the subjuect.............. Has anyone seen Pet Detective II, with Jim Carey? Well, you know the part where he is at that (I don't really know what to call it) like a ritzy gathering and this lady comes down the stairs with that fox over her shoulders and when he confronts her and the guy she is with about it and they make fun of him,,,, then he punches the guy and throws him over his shoulders like he is a fur and dances around with him? LOL LOL LOL.... Thats what I would like to do to everyone I saw wearing a fur.!.!.!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

My 'fur' memory

My favorite, favorite, FAVORITE educator was (and is) my first grade teacher. I remember taggin' along behind her on the playground one chilly day. I touched her coat b/c it looked soooooo soft. Come to find out it was rabbit fur. I was horrified. I went home bawling telling mom "I saw dead bunnies! I didn't like Mrs. L anymore!" 'Course mom flipped out--she thought I saw actual carcasses. Finally she got me calmed down enough to find out that it was a furcoat.

I still remember that coat and still remember feeling so icky after I touched it & found out what it was.

Wow, this week I was just talking tto some of the younger folk I supervise about a similar topic. It's so sad to see people are so materialistic. From wearing fur to buying SUVs. From conversations I have had with them there is no real reason for buying fur, leather or expensive clothes and vehicles. They see videos and celebrities with these things and that's what they think they should have. I have seen some that spend 1/2 their pay on a nice car and insurance. It's just a status symbol. Usually the clothes and the car are used to make up for a deficiency in thier lives somewhere. Boycott all you want, I with you on this one!

i wonder if it is safe to let on that federated signs my pay checks????
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

I know what you mean what you say about fur coats being status symbol. I live in "far too many people own a fur land". Furs are extremely popular over here, people from all walks of life seem to own one . It's getting a bit better thanks to the battle of a number of animal rights group but there's far too many around still. Young people even wear denim jackets with fur trims (so even the excuse "but it keeps me warm" won't work in this case).

I was even given a fur hat when I was a small child. I wore it until I was told it was real fur then I freaked. It resurfaced a couple of years ago, it was then torn to shreds and a couple of pieces were kept for the cats (I know it's bad, unfortunately they like it) the rest was given to a shelter where they use it to put it next to a couple of day old orphaned kitties because apparently it helped.

My sisters and I used to have a badge with the photo of this fox puppy that said: You're wearing my mother" You should have heard some of the comments we got. I agree it certainly looks better on their original owner (the animal).

Sorry to go on but this happens to be one of my biggest crusades.