Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for doggie party favors

Ideas for doggie party favors

On June 11th I am participating in a fundraiser for the Humane Society Legislative Fund to help pass a bill that will protect animals in case of another “Katrina” situation.

I offered to make little party favors for the participants who have dogs (it will be a dog party fundraiser).

What would you suggest I do/use as party favors (that won’t kill my pocket too much)?
    Last edited by beeniesmom; 05-31-2006 at 02:34 PM.

maybe some homemade cookies?? they take time but they are not pocket emptiers (is this a word?)

some pupcakes??

maybe some home made bandanas that Kay made a thread how to do them??
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Ideas for doggie party favors

Mmmm Girl lets think about this one.. Ok how about buy big bag of each med size milk bones & stick raw hides & a bag kibble-n-bits.. Then put small amount of kibble-n-bits & milk bone & raw hide in each bag & tie a cute ribbon on top.. That one idea & I will keep thinking of more ok..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Call a local Pro shop and see if they have any flat tennis balls they would donate? Or, call a tennis club? You could include a ball or two in a package...

Great ideas so far!
    Keep them coming.
    Thanks.

I don't know how much you are willing to spend or if this is an idea you can do at this party, but maybe you can pick up some supplies and have people pay a buck or two to make a little hanging picture frame like this. Some dog bone, paw print ribbon and maybe some fish or cats if you can find some as this isn't just a dog thing, to hold the picture at two corners. Dog and cat stickers and string to hang it. The back can be cardboard or those foam sheets or even a pack of giant index cards- even cheaper. Just make sure its a little bigger than your typical picture.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Each dog got a goodie bag for being in the Husky Hike last fall - they got little sample bags of bones & kibble that were pre-packed by the companies - maybe you can contact Purina or a local pet store that might help you out?
    Each dog also got a cool lolly-pup from a local doggie bakery, a tennis ball, and a simple bandana. (a triangle of nice fabric cut with pinking shears). Bags included magnets from pet-sitters & groomers, too. Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Can you make a whole bunch of bandana's?

Do you have a Dollar Store? You could buy toys for $1 each and put a bow on them and hand them out.

How many favors are you talking about? 50? 100? And how much are you looking to spend?

If you went to BJ's or Sam's Club you could buy a huge box of treats and then make little treat bags for the pups. Just put about 3-4 treats in a little bag and tie the bag with ribbon.

That's nice of you to want to make the favors. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do. Perhaps you can take pictures of the event. Will Beenie & Frankie be there?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Doggie poop bags are a hit too, not that we actually like them or actually using them but we all know they are a necessity.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    I don't know how much you are willing to spend or if this is an idea you can do at this party, but maybe you can pick up some supplies and have people pay a buck or two to make a little hanging picture frame like this. Some dog bone, paw print ribbon and maybe some fish or cats if you can find some as this isn't just a dog thing, to hold the picture at two corners. Dog and cat stickers and string to hang it. The back can be cardboard or those foam sheets or even a pack of giant index cards- even cheaper. Just make sure its a little bigger than your typical picture.
    I can't let the participants contribute (apart from the fact that I have no idea who and how many will be there - I am guessing around 50 people with 30 or so dogs) because they will already be donating $$$ toward the cause. I just thought the doggie favors would be a small thank you for thier generosity.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethann
    Can you make a whole bunch of bandana's?

Do you have a Dollar Store? You could buy toys for $1 each and put a bow on them and hand them out.

How many favors are you talking about? 50? 100? And how much are you looking to spend?

If you went to BJ's or Sam's Club you could buy a huge box of treats and then make little treat bags for the pups. Just put about 3-4 treats in a little bag and tie the bag with ribbon.

That's nice of you to want to make the favors. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide to do. Perhaps you can take pictures of the event. Will Beenie & Frankie be there?
    That is a great idea. Thanks. I do have a dollar store...
    SAMS club is close by too and I have a membership.
    I think I will bring only Beenie because hubby will be out of town that day and Frankie gets too roudy around other dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    Doggie poop bags are a hit too, not that we actually like them or actually using them but we all know they are a necessity.
    That may be good too!

Hi! If you want to buy toys cheap to sell contact Petedge.com they have cheap toys and maybe if you call them and tell them what its for they will give it you cheaper. Doesnt hurt to ask. Then go to your local party shop or make up a ribbone or something saying what it was from and palce on toys. You already have a great idea's. I make my pets bandans all the time not the best at it but I have a sewing machine that can embroider info on it so let me know if I can help you. Just PM Me I just need sometime to do them.
    Rio&Nickysmommy
    P.S> You might also ask some companies if they are willing to donate some toys.

Wal-Mart has those $0.88 toys, they would be even cheaper than going to the dollar store.

I'm going to PM you with a few more ideas.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits