Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing Cat Hair

Embarrassing Cat Hair

This morning as I left for work I looked for Edwina to say goodbye

She was stretched out on the one chair I have asked her not to sit in -- a favorite of late.

It made me think of how I found out she was sitting in it....

When she first came to live with us I had all these restrictions on her...which quickly went out the window except for one. I asked her not to go in the living room. One of the chairs in that room was a Louis XVI (I think) chair covered in yellow moire. I never once saw Edwina in the living room. What a good girl!

On my wedding day the photographer was doing his thing and my father (in his tux) was sitting in the yellow chair waiting to go with me to the church. It was time to go. My father stood up and the pants of his tux... COVERED in cat hair!

Not such a good girl!

Cute story.

My mom has an antique loveseat that she had redone and prefers that her long haired ragdoll not sit on it, which he, of course, prefers to do. So she solved the problem by putting a huge stuffed dog on it so there's no room for him. Covers the loveseat so you can't really see it, but at least it's red velvet seat isn't covered in long white cat hair (like the rest of the house!)
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Oh yes cat hair!! It is real embarassing when company comes over and your to go out for supper and they sit in your chairs and get up and you have to say may I brush you off I forgot to vaccum the chair and you seem to have cat hair on you. Worse when the friends are not real keen on cats anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Embarrassing Cat Hair

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    This morning as I left for work I looked for Edwina to say goodbye
    She was stretched out on the one chair I have asked her not to sit in -- a favorite of late.
    Not such a good girl!
    LOL! But Mom! She was being good. She wasn't sitting; she was laying! She could cover more of the chair with hair that way! They plan these things in advance you know.

funny!

I know what you mean. We go through alot of sticky lint remover here, and have been known to hand it to our friends and family when they visit

Also, if we are going out, and want to wear a dark color, we don't get dressed until we are just about to walk out the door. And we NEVER wear black around the house! Both our kittys are light color and long haired.............

I had to hand my mother the lint remover Sunday morning because my Dad had cat hair all over the seat of his pants!!! I didn't know that some white (hint, hint) cat had been sleeping on the kitchen chairs........

Oh Logan, I wonder who that white colored cat is???

No matter how often I use my pet hair pick up brush, I still find cat hair on me when I get to work. The girl that I work with also gets cat hair in her work area. Throughout the day she'll say "Now who's fur is this". Since I have three cats, she'll try to guess who's fur it is. Oh well this is just one of the things that cat owners have to put up with.

Former User Guest
    Since it's "Prime Shedding time" as my friend Sandy says, there's cat hair everywhere! Casper isn't so bad anymore (or don't I just notice it because I wear black? ) But Kitty.... oh my, howcome a little cat like she is, can shed SO much? I'm brushing her everyday, and always the same amount of fur comes off.

no white t-shirts here

I love white , but Sydney always ruines it with his black fur .....
    Before I go out , I always brush of the fur , but sometimes people ring at the door , I open it , and .... realize I look like Dalmation dog (black spots of hair , all over me ...)

LOL I've almost given up the battle with cat's hair! Years ago it was easier, I had 2 black cats and since I mainly dress in darker colours for the office it wasn't that bad. Well now my 3 cover most colours of the cat hair spectrum so I never win. They also seem to know: if I put clothes on my bed when I get ready for work Prema will sit on the lighter coloured ones

I am constantly brushing my two in an attempt to keep up with it. I think I could stuff a pillow with it in a week! A couple of years ago when my daughter was getting married and my son came downstairs in his black tux I told him "I hope you are prepared to stand until we leave for the church!"

Originally posted by Pam
    I am constantly brushing my two in an attempt to keep up with it. I think I could stuff a pillow with it in a week!
    I try and brush Peanut every week. She normally likes it, until I start on her tummy, which undoubetdly needs it most. When she's finally had enough, I usually have a small ball of fur. Well one day I must hav gotten distracted, and when I came back she was batting at the ball of her fur, then started licking it. The licking didn't work so well since the fur wasn't still stuck to her, so she got a mouthful and it was funny watching her trying to get it off her tongue. I pulled most of it away so she wouldn't lick anymore. Silly kitty.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I wear a lot of black, but I have a much bigger problem with Golden Retriever hair than I do cat hair! Butter isn't too much of a problem unless you sit where he has been sleeping, as my dad did , since he doesn't like to be held, I don't get too much hair on me! But my pants legs always have Golden Retriever hair on them!!!

15. My husband brushes Edwina outside and just lets her freed fur blow in the wind. The squirrels like it (along with the stuffing from the chair cushions) for their nests.

http://community.webshots.com/script...ity=xQBsVhoQWL