Thread: Most exciting thing that happened today? Babies!

Most exciting thing that happened today? Babies!

My husbands parents have several outside cats (none of them are neutered or spayed ). Two are females, one of which is still pregnant and the other has had her babies. Well, the one that has already given birth is VERY docile (probably someones house baby at one point in time). She will let you pick her up, pet her, and whatnot. VERY loving. Anyways. I was walking around, after having fed her, and she started to walk in a particular direction stopping every couple of steps to rub on me or look back at me. So, I followed her. She jumped in a hold in the middle of a pile of junk. She looked out the hole, I petted her, and discovered... BABIES! It was really surprising because, apparently, she doesn't have them so close to the house most of the time. Anyways, they have their ears and eyes open but are still small enough that I can fit one in my hand. Maybe about two weeks old? A little less? No worries, she was very pleased with my petting and constant cooing and telling her how beautiful the babies are. I've gotten to hold three (A solid grey boy, a black and orange boy, and a grey & white striped little girl) so far but I am definitely sure that there is at least one more. I will try to take pics of the family soon!

UPDATED: I'm thinking that either there were some colour changes or there were more babies than finally showed up. Three showed up, a grey one with white tootsies, a beautiful black and tan marbled tabby, and a grey striped one with a white nose and white feet. The grey one is a girl and the stripeys are boys.

Also, Troy and I are still very much convinced that Lily is one of Mama Cats kittens. Why? Three or four of the kittens out there have colouring just like hers (grey with peach splotches, like a diluted tortie).
    Last edited by Sevaede; 08-16-2006 at 12:27 PM.

I'd bring them in if I were you. Too many predators and elements for babies that little to be exposed to. Put them in a quiet room with all the amenities (litterbox, food, water, toys, if possible a radio on the classical channel) and a nice warm bed. Can't wait to see pictures!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    I'd bring them in if I were you. Too many predators and elements for babies that little to be exposed to. Put them in a quiet room with all the amenities (litterbox, food, water, toys, if possible a radio on the classical channel) and a nice warm bed. Can't wait to see pictures!
    Well, I suppose that is quite possible. I have a nice little basket that has a very cozy blanket that's been folded over I don't know how many times. Hmm. I have a few classical CDs, too, that I could play. (Don't even get me started on cat toys! )

Black and orange BOY? Sounds like a tort- and those are always girls. Sound sweet, though. My friend's siamese just had kittens. I want one, but I guarantee hubby won't let me have one.

Most exciting thing that happened today? BABIES

What a pleasant surprise that must have been for you! Sounds like mommycat is doing well with her brand new little family. From your post, it seems as if she really wanted to show them off to you, obviously she trusts you a lot.Bless you for helping them and bringing everyone inside where they'll be safe and secure. They sound absolutely adorable, looking forward to the pictures.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I would get them and thier Mother into a secluded room,and see if there is a Adoption Centre that will neuter and spay the Mother and Kittens to break this Chain of Cats that will be sitting very sad in Cages.
    Meeowing for Love and Attention.
    Good Luck with the Mom and Kittens.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    I would get them and thier Mother into a secluded room,and see if there is a Adoption Centre that will neuter and spay the Mother and Kittens to break this Chain of Cats that will be sitting very sad in Cages.
    Meeowing for Love and Attention.
    Good Luck with the Mom and Kittens.
    See, I want to do this but I don't know if hubbys parents would be very happy about that because these are their cats. Plus, I *hate* that this happens, but they take no precautions, the cats and kittens (not this litter) have been getting... got by something, if you know what I mean. They did have some 12-15 cats, that I know of, and the number has dwindled down to three (two males have gone missing recently) minus the newest litter and the litter to be born soon by the other female. I am hoping that they will let me but hubbys dads attitude is, "They're *just* animals. They're a dime a dozen. so what, who cares?" Put it simply, he just doesn't give a shoot, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jennawing
    Black and orange BOY? Sounds like a tort- and those are always girls. Sound sweet, though. My friend's siamese just had kittens. I want one, but I guarantee hubby won't let me have one.
    I know! And what's even more odd is the mama is black with white toes and a white diamond on her chest. The only males that could have fathered them are either one of the two black males or the grey and white one. I know that those things can skip a generation, though. They are in a pretty tight spot so I can't tell what the other, possible, ones look like. Just bring one or take him to them and let him seeeeee how adorable they are. Pick it out and be like, "Isn't (s)he AWESOME?". My hubby pretends he isn't phased by a kittens sweetness, that WAS until I showed him the black and orange boy. His face LIT up and he said, "Awww!"