Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible New Cat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    He might not know a litter box, being an outside kitty.

I do with some adult cats what I do with kittens - put them in the box and take his front paws and make them "scratch" the litter a bit, as if they are covering up their stuff. Usually the light goes on.

He may want out - may have to go potty - or may just be meowing at something outside. I forgot - is he neutered?

hugs
    Catty1
    Well, I think he does because at one point in his life he was a pet. We're not sure who's he was though. He uses the litter box sometimes, and a few time he just.... doesn'ted I'll try the scratching technique, thanks! Yes, he's neutered, I believe our ballet teacher did that, or someone else.

He might not like the litter either...when it is time to change the box, try a small bag of something else. What litter are you using now?

Catty1
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hmmm, I'm not sure which litter it is, but I'll ask my mom(I don't know where she keeps it, either ). Well, Henry is doing alright. He's constantly meowing at night and he doesn't seem to tire himself out either. We've put him in a bathroom and he still meows. Unfortunately, the bathroom we put him in is right next to my parents' room, and he wakes them up.

Because Henry is a stray and has been outside for quite some time, he will need time to adjust being inside. His meowing is due to the fact that he wants to go outside. I hope you have purchased some kind of squirt bottle as this is what you will have to use when he starts his meowing to go out.
    Like others have said, give it time and be very patient with him as it is a big adjustment for him.

In the summer, I let my cats out on the gallery, supervised, and I have a baby gate, so they can't get downstairs. I live on the second floor. Mooky is the one who mostly loves to be outside. I have let him out a few times, when we had some nice weather. He even meows at the door or at the window because he wants to go outside. All I do is give him a couple of squirts of the bottle and tell him firmly, "NO" and he stops.

I wish you all the best of luck with Henry and I pray that gradually, Cubby and he will become friends and bless you for taking in Henry and caring for him.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Hey everyone I have wonderful news! Henry and Cubby are getting along as well as ever! They can sit in the same room, look at eachother neutrally or with mild interest, and they even touched noses! Henry is also adjusting to life in the house, and he's stopped meowing constantly!

Well, for anyone who still reads this thread, I just wanted to say that Henry is doing great. He's mostly an outdoor cat, but he loves it. He's very sweet and affectionate. Thank you everyone for your help!

Hey that is great news. Now, you KNOW what we want - PICTURES!!!!!

Thanks Yeah I should get pictures up... just wish I knew how. I think I do, since I've done it on myspace numerous times. It might take me a while so please be patient