Thread: Frontline, K9 Advantix or Other?

Frontline, K9 Advantix or Other?

What do you use on your dog(s) to repel fleas and tics? I was using Frontline on Fenway but I've switched to K9 Advantix. I hope that was a good idea. The one thing that I have to be careful with is to make sure the cats don't go near him for 24 hours after I apply it (like touch him or head butt him or lick him). It can really make cats sick because they can't metabalozie one of the ingredients.

What does everybody else use on their dog(s)?
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I use advantage or Frontline. I like them both. I usually buy whatevers cheaper or what my vet carries (if they only carry one of the brands).
    I won't use the advantix only because of the problems it can cause in cats. I just don't want to risk it with my cats.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I use frontline too, and just like Sue I'm afraid of using Advantix because of the problems I have heard when used around cats.

I used to use Revolution (fleas, ticks & Heartworm) it worked GREAT, but it's hard to come up with that much money all at once. So I've now gone to buying liquid heartworm prevention and Frontline Plus. I found Frontline Plus on Ebay for SUPER cheap!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

I use Sentinel Heartworm medicine and it has a flea preventative in it too. I can't remember the last time I saw a flea on my dogs. 10 years at least.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

Thanks for your replies. I got worried so I called the vet and I'm going back to Frontline. I would die if anything happened to my cats all because I used K9 Advantix. The girl at the vets was very understanding and she is happy to exchange the K9 Advantix with Frontline. And I'll even get credit on my credit card.

Thanks again.

I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I use Frontline- but have to use a flea shampoo and a spray as wel. That might just be Alabama for you, but just the Frontline is not effective.