Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freedom and Scooter

Freedom and Scooter

Since Scooter has grown and put on a few pounds we have been able to keep the extra small diapers on him now. He is actually relating the diapers to freedom and will jump up for me to put them on him. It's really cute. Here he is exploring the kitchen counters.

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

What is the story behind this K&L?

I almost feel SAD for him...but he doesn't seem to mind them at all, does he?

What a cute little fella!

So the vets figure he's incontinent for life?

Give him a hug for me - Cole's baby brother!

Catty1

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Awwwww!! Another special kitty! I also missed Scooters story, but have friends with links galore, and a terrific website about caring for incontinant etc. pets....www.handicappedpets.com Check out the 'Discussion Board' for answers to any question concerning diapering etc. Great input from persons all over the world giving special kitties a chance...now what's Scooter's story? Purrsonaly I think every PTer should have at least ONE special needs kitty, or dog....
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Quote Originally Posted by Fender963
    What is the story behind this K&L?
    Scooter was a feral at the park where our colonies reside. He was TNR'd along with his mom and 2 siblings. A couple months later we noticed he seemed to keep trying to go to the bathroom so we tried to recapture him. It took us a bit, but finally succeeded. After the vet exam it was discovered he had a deformed penis, of all things, and we could either have surgery or have him put down. Since he was feral we weren't really sure what would be best, but being the soft hearts that we are, we opted for surgery. He's doing well other than it has left him incontinent and even with medication he still has problems. So he is confined to our room when we're not at home, and now to diapers outside the room when we are. This way we can change them frequently and prevent diaper burn and give him the chance to use the litter box.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I almost feel SAD for him...but he doesn't seem to mind them at all, does he?

What a cute little fella!

So the vets figure he's incontinent for life?

Give him a hug for me - Cole's baby brother!

Catty1
    Oh don't feel sad, he is one happy kitty! He doesn't mind the diaper at all, and has befriended Mouser! They run all over tumbling and wrestling. He's so much better off than before!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenScoopalot
    Awwwww!! Another special kitty! I also missed Scooters story, but have friends with links galore, and a terrific website about caring for incontinant etc. pets....www.handicappedpets.com Check out the 'Discussion Board' for answers to any question concerning diapering etc. Great input from persons all over the world giving special kitties a chance...now what's Scooter's story? Purrsonaly I think every PTer should have at least ONE special needs kitty, or dog....
    Thanks for the link, I will check this out! We did have another incontinent cat, Porch, but he was pretty much secluded to the garage and cat run area. Scooter's still having some issues so we're keeping him confined to the bedroom for observation.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Quote Originally Posted by K & L
    Thanks for the link, I will check this out! We did have another incontinent cat, Porch, but he was pretty much secluded to the garage and cat run area. Scooter's still having some issues so we're keeping him confined to the bedroom for observation.
    Well worth checking out and posting on the board! Here's the direct link to the board..and believe me...any question regarding cats etc. that are disabled in any way will be answered by many. http://www.handicappedpets.com/cgi-b...bbbs_config.pl
    I don't believe Scooters feral!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

I love the diaper and he doesn't seem to mind a bit.

OMG! He is the cutest little one ever!

[QUOTE=I don't believe Scooters feral! [/QUOTE]

Some before when he first had his surgery and some with fear in his eyes:

OMG he is adorable!! He has the sweetest, most angelic eyes I have ever seen. What a wonderful story and what a wonderful person you and your husband are for taking this little boy in!
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

He is such a little cutie patootie, and I'm not surprised he doesn't mind the diapers at all. Animals are so adaptive! And they're also so smart - such a little smarty pants (pun intended ) to have figured out the diapers mean freedom.

Why am I not surprised he and Mouser are turning into best friends?
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

He so lucky to come across you and your husband. He is just so adorable especially with the diaper. Bless your kind heart for taking such good care of him.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Oh bless him - what a little sweetheart
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk