Thread: Chester's nose is stuck to my knee!

Chester's nose is stuck to my knee!

The last few days have been cold and rainy here. Conditions that get my arthritis running rampent. One of the few things that brings relief is a muscle rub called 'Ben Gay'. Unfortunately, I discovered, Chester loves the smell of it. He won't leave me alone when I use it. I've tried others that have no smell or a nice smell but they don't work. He can be four rooms away but comes running minutes after I rub it on my knees. It's bad enough when I have jeans on but when I have shorts on, his cold nose and long whiskers tickle. Have you ever tried to walk with a cat's nose stuck to your knee? It's not easy.

LOL LOL LOL
    Silly Chester.......... Wonder why he likes that smell so much?!?!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

That's funny, moff. Sounds like it might be kind of hard to walk with just the arthritis, but then to have a cat's nose stuck to your knee besides... I'm glad he's there, though, to help ease the arthritis, because I'm sure it would be worse if he wasn't there to help you laugh about it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

{{{MOFF!}}} So sorry you are hurting, but Chester's antics make me laugh. Blessings on your little love bug for 'helping' Mommy when she's hurting.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

moff, Sometimes when I'm in bed and it is cold outside, my furkids will come and sleep around my legs. They add comfort and warmth , but a bit restrictive when it come time to move or turn over. However, I do not use any kind of ointments (at least not yet) and especially one that attracts my cats. Your description of Chester's antics sounds to me that he would probably eat the stuff if it were fed him! Does he lick it off your knees?

.........wayne

Former User Guest
    Connie, that's funny! I guess Chester just loves that smell beyond anything! I can imagine how funny it must look when he's 'attached' to you But cold nose doesn't feel so nice though, you're right!

Originally posted by wayne0214
    [B Your description of Chester's antics sounds to me that he would probably eat the stuff if it were fed him! Does he lick it off your knees?

.........wayne [/B]
    No. I keep a close eye on him because I know something that smells that bad couldn't be good for him to eat. He just seems to love the smell. Weird Cat!

I have read that some cats are attracted to BenGay, Mentholatum, Vick's Vapor Rub, etc. As I recall, it is the menthol in these products and as some cats love catnip (a mint plant) some cats love menthol!

My Murf loved menthol - especially in Absorbine Jr. lotion - which contains other things that are definitely NOT good for a cat. When I'd put the lotion on my feet, he'd go crazy trying to lick them.

I'd have to hide my feet in shoes or under the covers, or have a laughing fit because of the whisker tickles! If I put on the stuff and walked across the carpet, he'd sniff out my footprints hours later... Catnip never came close to making him wacky the way the menthol did.

He also loved the mint in toothpaste!

Silly Kitties!!!!!!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Originally posted by TheAntiPam
    I'd have to hide my feet in shoes or under the covers, or have a laughing fit because of the whisker tickles! If I put on the stuff and walked across the carpet, he'd sniff out my footprints hours later... Catnip never came close to making him wacky the way the menthol did.
    He also loved the mint in toothpaste!
    Silly Kitties!!!!!!
    LOL! I caught Chester sniffing my blankets one night when I got back from a bathroom trip! He has sniffed and rolled on my shoes too when I'd rub Ben Gay on my feet.
    Silly Kitties, INDEED!!!

Chester..........you silly boy! It would be a good picture.

I know what you mean about arthritus. Your story is funny though. Misty like smelly lotions too she is always sniffing at my feet and hands where I have lotioned. Sometimes its cute then other times get away little one!
    Attached Images Attached Images