Thread: Peeing in the House

Hybrid View

You may want to take her to the vet and get her blood sugar tested. My friend's dog started having "accidents" and he tested out having diabetes.

Quote Originally Posted by labmomma
    You may want to take her to the vet and get her blood sugar tested. My friend's dog started having "accidents" and he tested out having diabetes.
    Thats a good idea, many other illnesses may cause excessive urination too, including Cushing's disease (hyperadrenocorticism), which is generally more common in older dogs but can certainly occur in dogs any age, Hyperthyroidism, Hypercalcemia (high level of calcium in the blood) & Hypokalemia (low level of potassium in the blood) as well as the more obvious like liver & kidney failure as well as other lier & kidney issues.

Diets high in salt may be the cause of excessive drinking which will result in more frequent urination too.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

oops, ment to ask how is she doing lately?
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Well when I went to make the appointment, I realized she wasn't having any accidents at all. The only accident she had was when she was whining to go outside and so we went to get our shoes and the leashes and she had an accident within that time. Otherwise none at all! Maybe she just wasn't feeling too well but she seems fine now. I'm going to be bringing both to the vet just in case (its time for their yearly checkup anyway).

facebook