Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat grab you?

Does your cat grab you?

Sometime when I get up off the sofa and walk by Tatty Bogles sometimes he grabs me. He kind of hits me with his paw, lol! It makes me laugh. I hope I am explaining it right.

Also, you could be just walking minding your own business when all of a sudden he would pounce on my leg, it's kind of scarey, he chases you.

Does anyone else have a psycho cat?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Leroy, is the champion grabber here. He even grabs me after I've been petting him. I can only wear old clothes around him because he puts holes in them with his claws. I accidently almost pulled him off a stool the other day. He snagged me as I was going by and I didn't know it. He got his claw hooked and I kept going. Luckily, I felt the tug and turned around in time to catch him. Those old bones can't take falls very well.

Re: Does your cat grab you?

Originally posted by Heather Wallace
    Does anyone else have a psycho cat? ...
    Is there any other kind?? LOL LOL LOL

My Marius has the tendancy to wrap his front paws around my leg. It's quite strange, and a little painful at times! He also likes to try and 'grab' me if I'm going up or down the stairs! Honestly, I'm surprised that I haven't fallen and broken my neck from his little 'grabby' endeavors!

Oh yes Misty does the grabbing all the time. I have been on crutches for a couple of months now and she is not afraid of them I really have to watch her she has attacked the crutches lucky me I have not fallen. I think she thinks that there a part of me now and she grabs them.
    www.photogra.com/index.cfm/a:31416

fun !!

oh yes !! grabbing is Sydney's speciality !!!!
    He does it all the time !!!! Silly kittie he is ...

Garonzo Bean grabs..... He has thumbs.

I THOUGHT TINKY WAS THE ONLY ONE
    If I am ever standing somewhere Tinky just scales up my leg with that crazy look in her eyes that cats get (you know the one, where there eyes are dialated and they look all crazy!!) I don't know why..... I guess she thinks that she is putting me in my place for standing wherever I am...... she just climbs up my leg like a big ol crazy then walks away like nothing happened .
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Last night Livvy decided it was time for a cuddle session, and apparently I found a good spot to rub somewhere between her cheek and her ear. She clung to my arm so that my hand was in just the right spot. So cute!!! I immediately thought of this thread!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Former User Guest
    Casper grabs sometimes, mostly when he lets us know he had enough of that belly rubbie session...

Heather, cute picture of your kitty. That little moustache makes me think of a plumper version of Charlie Chaplin. My two also grab my legs , wrap their paws around them and try to climb up. Not my husband in his jeans just me in my bare legs .Meowch

kitty attacking when going by

I laughed when I read about all the kitties grabing with their paws around moms and dads. I just had to tell you about my Abe. I don't have any pictures of him yet. I'm new to this and a friend knowing how I love cats dogs and all animals give me this web site. Now, back to the subject of kitties. My Abe every since he was a kitten will not only grab me with his paws but he jumps up to my shoulder. It was fine when he was a kitten but can you just see me walking by and a 16 pound cat leaps from behind a chair and up to my shoulder. Doesn't matter what I have on. He's not choosy. He's black and white and is now 11 years old and he has done this all of his life from Abe's mom

Welcome to Pet Talk toastco and lailamara I hope you like it here.

Thanks everyone for your replies, it was good to hear all of your grab me stories.

does your cat grab you

oh yes all three of my abysinnians do that.they are like having three mischevious kids, I have tut who is a sorell almost four then we have tonk aka honky tonk man then 16 months od. then we have our chocolate abby charlie brown what can i say the name really fits lol.

kathleen
    kathleen

Sometimes when i take off my socks, Karamel sees me and not being able to resist the templation of the flesh he attacks my lower legs. And sometimes when he gets irritable (If you hold him when he wants to go for instance) he attacks my arm/shoulder (just like a K-9 dog, he pulls himself back, gathers pace and attacks) LOL

LOL!!! LOL!!!! All the grabbing stories are so hilarious!! Especially when I can SO relate!! Pippo is a complete psycho loon sometimes..he hides under the bed.. under the curtains... behind the chairs...and waits.. and then OWWWW!!!! He just sinks his claws into your feet and chews madly at your toes, or if you're wearing jeans he thinks that's his OK sign to climb UP your leg like a tree....or he waits till the dog (Mocha) comes around, pounces on him, forces him to the ground and starts licking away madly!! Hahahahahaha.... don't you just lurve kitty cats????