Thread: My beloved cat

My beloved cat

Hello everybody, I'm new here...
    I just wanna share my most cherished moment with my cat, her name is Mel(female/tricolor cat) with you guys...
    Three weeks ago my dad passed away (at my hometown)... When I came back home, she really welcomed me lovingly...as if trying to comfort me and reduced my sadness...

Welcome to Pet Talk. First off, I'm so very sorry about your Dad. My Dad passed away in 1995 and I still miss him very much. Isn't it wonderful that our pets can pick up on our moods and when we are sick those furry nurses sure come in handy. How nice that you have Mel to comfort you.

I'm Vickie, one of the older members of the crowd, but I prefer to be called Slick. I'm slave to one called Max...a flamepoint persian that runs my life. I do what he wants and when he says "feed me" I run to his aid. Don't we all???

Hope you enjoy your time here. We are a loving bunch.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I lost mine 5 weeks ago. Aren't animals wonderful? They can really help out a lot with our pain. Welcome! We hope you like it here.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Welcome to PT!!!! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Yes, cats are great nurses and comforters. When my Pepper passed away both Storm and Sunny were there for me to try to make me feel better. I'm now owned by 5 cats which you can see in my avatar and signature picture. I look forward to seeing pictures of your cat and hearing more about her.

ARIAL2DARK RED
    I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR DAD.
    IM SURE THAT HE WAS A FINE GENTLEMAN.
    AND I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN AS MY CATS HAVE BEEN A GREAT SOURCE OF COMFORT AFTER THE LOSS OF MY PARENTS AND MY FRIEND NORMA.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Welcome to PT!

I'm sorry you have lost your dad, but glad Mel is there to comfort you. My cat, Fister has been a great comfort to me since I lost my husband.

Hope to "see" you around and hear more about Mel - perhaps even see some pictures.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry about your father. Isn't it wonderful how our pets can comfort us? We have received so much love and joy from ours since we lost our Murphy in December.

Logan

It is so hard to loose a parent..... . HUGS!!!

WELCOME to Pet Talk!! I am Lut, and I am owned by 4 gorgeous girl (cats, he he). You can see them in my signature
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I am sorry about your father. Thank you for sharing your most cherished moment with Mel. I know that she must have known how much you needed her - and she probably needed you, too. I remember an opposite situation when my own father died, and he and my mother had two cats. Both of them were especially close to him, but one in particular was his special pet - they had little routines together and she would sleep stretched out by his side in bed every night. I wondered how she would get over his loss - but she is so wonderful. Six years later, she is going strong, and deeply attached to my mother - and now becoming attached to my mother's brand new husband, who had a phobia of cats before becoming married to my mother. Love is a powerful healer, and in my experience, cats can be full of love. In fact, when my Myrtille used to lie on my chest and purr and exude love, I called her a "love poultice." Sometimes I think they were put on earth to give us the love we would never find otherwise, and to teach us to be just a little more loving in our lives. Take care, and may you feel better as time goes on and you are comforted in the memory of all the good that you remember about your father.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Mine died last June. The cats were there and provided so much comfort, as your dear Mel did!!! Welcome to PT and hope you will post often!! I am Sandra and the Clan members are: Ralph Syracuse, Norton(both soon to be 14), Tina Peepers, Raven(COTD 12/9/2004), Nicholas(all will be 10 this year, Molly Meu(will be13), Riley(will be 6), and Hayley(will be 2 in April)!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Aren't they wonderful creatures? I'm going through a stressful time right now, and Don Juan has responded by plastering himself on my shoulder (all 12 pounds) and PURRING! Loud! (for him) I call it "purr therapy," but "love poultice" would do just as well.

Zerlina makes sure I get plenty of exercise in our nightly play session. She also rolls over to show me her "bikini" for a tummy rub. Makes me smile every time.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Welcome to PT! I'm glad Mel is there for you, cats are some of the best therapists. My three have been helping me through some stressfull times as of late.